We are looking for the "top gun", some one who is truly talented in terms of web design, and also familiar with Zen Cart. (our site [url removed, login to view] uses Zen Cart.)
If you are interested in this project, please submit your proposal (draft/mock-up) before submitting your bid, as we will be picking the winner based his/her draft, not the price.
To help you understand what we do, here is a little background:
Our company - Mi Voga Organics, manufactures and distributes 100% pure natural and organic skincare products. Our products include: Acai Body Lotion, Acai Body Scrub, Acai Body Oil, and Acai Shower Gel. Etc.
Some brands would like you to believe that all of their ingredients are organic. Unfortunately, they only use a few organic ingredients in a water base that makes up most of the product - making the organic content less than 5%. Instead of the typical water base that cannot be "organic or pesticide free," Mi Voga created an antioxidant rich organic product base which is much more nourishing for your skin. Science has now shown that our organic product is up to 50% higher in nutrients than non-organic product.
Today, more than ever people are looking for ways to make better choices in all areas of their lives. We have seen how making the wrong choices can affect our health, the planet and its people. There is a new term for people who value personal health and development and lead lifestyles of health and sustainability - "Cultural Creative." The cultural creatives are looking for ways to be more informed and to make decisions based on their values. One-third of the American population fits into this category and has tremendous power as consumers to affect change in business and society.
The cultural creative believes that the values of health and sustainability should guide the market. New and innovative businesses like Mi Voga Organics are looking beyond the "bottom line" and concentrating on a holistic approach that includes economy, environment and society. The influence of the conscious consumer inspires others to seek higher standards; the growth of this segment of society can help to transform the world. Products are purchased not only for quality but based on values such as human rights, conservation, economic welfare, disaster relief, animal welfare and peace.
Here at Mi Voga Organics we choose to provide information and products that support health, sustainability and equity. We want to support new and better choices by providing only products that are fairly traded, organic or otherwise green. We feel that when given a choice of products, people will choose natural, healthy products that are made in safe working conditions by people earning a fair wage. We believe that when enough people demand products based on these values, corporations and government will have to start paying attention to environmental and human needs.
Mi Voga Organics offers alternative choices in products based on our values of fair compensation to artisans, promotion of healthy and safe working environments, social and environmental responsibility and safe, non-toxic products. We carry products sourced in nature, organically grown or recycled wherever possible. We also believe in the principle of "Think Globally, Act Locally," and although most of our products are globally sourced, we offer products made in the USA and more importantly - we support artisans at the local level (city, county, state).
Our mission is to:
• Offer a fun shopping experience, proving once and for all that being a conscious consumer doesn't have to be dull or boring.
• Provide 100% pure natural and organic products that are safe for our customers, the planet and the workers who make them.
• Serve our customers by providing unique, high-quality alternatives to mass production.
• Bring fairly traded artisan products to the international marketplace, providing choice and access to our customers.
• Help the artisans that create these exquisite products and their communities by:
- Paying a fair wage in the local context.
- Providing healthy and safe working conditions within the local context.
- Building long-term trade relationships.
- Engaging in environmentally sustainable practices.
- Providing equal employment opportunities for all people.
- Demanding ethical labor practices.
- Provide a market for products made in a traditional manner by artisans, preserving culture while advancing economic development.
• Educate our customers about the benefits of purchasing fair trade, organic, hemp and recycled products.
• Educate our customers about artisans and their communities with respect for cultural differences and our common humanity.
• Conduct all areas of business with the highest integrity.
• Foster an atmosphere of respect, trust, support and openness to our customers, coworkers, suppliers and community.
• Offer fair and reasonable prices to our customers.
• Keep our work environment healthy while providing meaningful work, fostering creativity and personal growth.
Trade in which fair prices are paid to producers in developing countries.
• Pays fair wages within the local context.
• Offers employees opportunities to advance.
• Provides equal employment opportunities for all people.
• Engages in environmentally sustainable practices.
• Builds long-term trade relationships.
• Provides healthy and safe working conditions within the local context.
• Provides financial and technical assistance to producers wherever possible.
1. A supporter of a social and political movement that espouses global environmental protection, bioregionalism, social responsibility, and nonviolence.
2. Beneficial to the environment: green recycling policies.
3. Favoring or supporting environmentalism: green legislators who strengthened pollution controls.
1. Using or produced with fertilizers of animal or vegetable matter, using no synthetic fertilizers or pesticides.
2. Simple, healthful, and close to nature: an organic lifestyle.
3. Free from chemical injections or additives, such as antibiotics or hormones.
"Changing the World One Purchase at a Time" How is this possible?
Because Mi Voga Organics offers only products that are earth friendly or fair trade you are supporting sustainable practices and socially responsible consumerism. We realize that a shopping experience won't change the world, but we know that every time we support a fair trade or eco-friendly business we contribute to the betterment of the world, one purchase at a time. When enough people choose to be conscious consumers, they combine their buying power to change the way business is done. We believe in "live consciously, buy wisely, and make a difference.”
How do we change the world? One step at a time, one bottle recycled, one orange peel composted, one load of laundry hung out to dry, one errand run on a bike, one pet spayed or neutered - or, one small purchase at a time!