Looking for help to install Vivvo publishing software or develop a similar CMS (Content Management System) for an online weekly newsletter. This is a web-based publishing system that would replace a manual process, with as many Web 2.0 features as possible:
Please see vivvo CMS to have an idea. They have a promising package but no support whatsoever so we are looking elsewhere. We would certainly consider using them and willing to purchase a license.
Features must include:
Articles / Pages / Publishing
- Archiving and serching not only articles but ALSO issues
- Different output formats: Web (xHTML), Mobile/PDA, Plain Text, >RSS / Atom
- Custom statuses for articles (active, pending, headline, archive)
- Internal search engine for advanced searching of site content
- Future / Expiring content (you can set future publishing dates)
- Related articles
- Article tools (email to a friend, print version, subscribe, etc.)
- Social bookmarking syndication (Facebook, Google, Digg, [url removed, login to view], and others)
- WYSIWYG editor for adding content with custom advanced features for article body highlighting
- Archive system for articles
- Archive system for issue
- Preview content
- Writing article page should not be like Joomla on the front end, but separate page: Page should not be complicated and must allow to enter title, intro, body, section or category, username/password to recognize the writer, allow images, and only relevant information. No HTML allowed for reporters.
Administration / General
- Intuitive UI
- Minimal training required
Search Engine Optimization
- SE Friendly URLs
- Custom META keywords/description tags
- Automatic Google XML sitemap module
- Please do not assume the client knows CSS and HTML (may be a little HTML). We are just a bunch of economic journalists and cannot go back to school to learn CSS and such.
- Templates both frontend and backend
Add-ons and Plug-ins
- Anything you can do to enhance system is perfect like polls, calendars, etc.
- user commenting system
- Comment moderation
- Anti-spam protection (CAPTCHA, bad words, flood protection, IP ban, posting by registered members only...)
- RSS/Subscription for comments
- Optional support for 3rd party avatars (Gravatar and similar)
User / Member Management
- Multi-user system with following levels:
-Email of newsletter
-Fast Cache if possible
Content syndication: RSS, Atom, XML , etc
-Mobile / PDA
-Plain text support
-Printer friendly support
-Document and Media Management
-Optional: Full media streaming capabilities
-Uploading documents and files (.doc, .pdf, .xls, etc.)
-Image repository for multiple usage
Optional: Membership management system
-We have just installed aMember with API integration with Google CheckOut. Would love to see what you can do to integrate these two.
- Required: We have an outside webhosting service. Therefore we will provide you with all access codes you need and you will have to interact with the hosting tech support for any technical discussions and issues.
Note: current web server environment:
- Php Version: 4.4.8 (we are told the webhost supports 5.x, with absolute path to php should be changed like /usr/local/bin/php5 : again this is foreign language for us)
- MySql version: [url removed, login to view]
- XML parser: Yes
- Gd extension: bundled
- Remote connection (cUrl extension or fsockopen or file_get_contents)
- No Mod rewrite extension (optional): No •
- No Zlib extension (optional)
SMTP (optional): Yes
-Required: you will have to provide us with a bucket of 2-to-5 hours in case your installation did not work and we are stuck. Please consider to be used on retainer in case of a problem later. We will require a phone number in case of drop-dead emergency. We have been burned by sub-standard freelancers who disapear the moment they get paid and do quick work with no results. Thank you for your understanding.
-Required: Signed contract before payment for guaranteed delivery of project or money back guarantee if not completed.
We have no more than 3 weeks for finalizing, one week of training and are hoping to announce the new design on January 2nd. You will have to submit a timeline with specific deadlines to meet.
Thank you for your interest.