I've got a perl script that reads a csv file, loads it into a table, runs some other insert or update queries, then closes. This used to work, but we stopped using it 6 months ago. Now, trying to get it to work again, but doesn't work. Goes through the subroutines, but never runs the sql queries.
I need someone to look at the script, see why it's not updating the database, and be sure the script runs all the way through with no errors.
I have a staging database we can run it on if necessary.
A different but related perl script I have is working, connecting to the db, updating data, etc. So not sure what's wrong with this other one... a key difference is that it's originally working off a csv file, so my guess is it is related to reading the csv file.
12 years of experience in Perl & Linux. Your script seems to be simple - i will fix it less then in 1 hour. Since you have positive rating, i don't need any upfront money - payment after completion.