We (Select Software Solutions - SSS) require a program or script to be written to convert Cisco Net Flow Verison 9 feeds to a format suitable for loading into a billing platform (see details of NetFlow 9 at [url removed, login to view]).
We are aware that there are a number of open source and commerical programs that do similar things, but we are interested in a bespoke solution (the programs we have found require complex installation or configuration, require other tools and libraries to be installed and/or are more complex that we'd like).
A summary of key requirments are:
* The script/program will take a Netflow Version 9 file and output it in a text format (suitable for loading into a database)
* You will need to define and supply documentation of the output text format. We expect that multiple record types will be needed, and each record of a given type needs to be consistent (same number and type of fields)
* The script/program will run on Solaris
* We prefer a standalone script witten in perl, ksh or the like
* The code must be simple, commented, easy to understand, professional (It is likely that we develop the code further should the need arise).
* You may use existing code or scripts, provided it is open source, can be deployed commercially and there is no requirment to publish the script/program being written for SSS
* All documentation, commenting and correspondace will be in English.
* The script will most likely take 2 parameters – the name of the file to process and the nsame for the file to generate.
A sample file netflow 9 file is attached.