I have 500 jpegs that need to be made square in Photoshop and then turned into three sizes (500, 225 and 75 pixel) of jpeg with Microsoft Office Picture Manager (comes with standard Office package) and have each file named in a specific way. Attached is a sample photo.
I also have about 400 psd files that need to be turned into jpegs (through Photoshop) and then run through the same process as above.
If done manually, the whole job should take about 24 total hours to complete.
When the pictures are made square, it is the canvas or background that needs to be made square, the picture of the image itself cannot be altered (squished, transformed, stretched, etc) in any way.
Before the project starts, we will run through 5 or 10 pictures to make sure the pictures are being saved in the right way (directions on how files should be saved and named are below) so there does not have to be any rework.
1. Open picture in Photoshop
2. Go to Image/Canvas Size and turn the picture into a square
3. Save picture as a jpeg in a separate file
4. Go to separate file and open picture with right click and Microsoft Office Picture Manager
a. Go to Picture/Resize
i. Resize picture to 500 x 500
1. Save picture in a file marked large with the correct file tag. See below
b. Go to Picture/Resize
i. Resize picture to 225 x 225
1. Save picture in a file marked medium with the correct file tag. See below
c. Go to Picture/Resize
i. Resize picture to 75 x 75
ii. Go to Picture/Compress Picture
1. Click the “E-mail” messages button on the right and then “OK”
2. Save picture in a file marked small with the correct file tag. See below
3. Close out Microsoft Office Picture Manager
1) Matching filename
If the starting filename is 15688635-ABC muffler pipe, the picture filename saved needs to be:
[url removed, login to view]
2) Also, ensure capitalization of the filename is exactly the same as the product database online. This includes the letters in the item code AND the extension has to be lower case ".jpg"
a. Notice above that all letters before the _large, _medium and _small are in capital letters.
b. Also notice that only the part number (15688635) and ABC (sometimes there is a something else) are included. The part description (muffler pipe) is not included.
13 freelancers are bidding on average $84 for this job
If you are looking for a professional photoshop assistance, online business manager, data capturer and project management services with 15 years of administrative experience then you have come to the right place.