Homee is reinventing the way millennials furnish their space!
Homee is a funded and fast-growing interior design technology startup, located in West Hollywood, Los Angeles. We offer free interior design services that makes furnishing the home easy and fun by using our mobile app.
The Photoshop Expert is a full-time role that will bring the Homee Designer's vision to life through the use of 2D concept boards and 3D-style renders/compositing. Watch this [url removed, login to view] video to get a sense of the type of Photoshopping we do: [url removed, login to view]
The Photoshop Expert is expected to:
• Quickly & efficiently create render & concept board graphics of home interiors.
• Adapt & adjust to feedback from Graphic team leads & Designers.
• Communicate clearly with the Designer & Graphics team.
• Work independently.
• Pay close attention to detail.
• Understand & adhere to company mandated workflows & timelines.
• Adapt to changes quickly, and problem solve efficiently.
• Balance quality of work with set parameters to turn around work product.
• Outstanding working knowledge of Photoshop and strong sense of style with an interest in working on home design concepts according to required specifications.
• Artistic foundation demonstrating exceptional understanding of perspective and placement.
• Experience creating renders/compositing with emphasis on Realism.
• Access to reliable high speed internet, Adobe Photoshop and a computer that can handle graphics intensive work.
• Excellent communication skills including comprehension skills to demonstrate ability to work on written specifications and come up with a visual output.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently and collaborate with stakeholders to ensure quality work product.
• Knowledge & expertise with Google Drive, Sheets, and Docs
• Eagerness to learn!
Nice to have’s but not required:
• Basic knowledge of interior design & furniture is preferred, demonstrating intuition on design concepts showing natural ability to understand furniture placement and scale.
• Degree or certification in 3D design, communication design, fine arts, graphic design, illustration, photography, and visual art.
• Has taken relevant subjects for graphic design works that involve visual arts (for those who graduated in other disciplines but still exhibit a strong inclination to graphics design).
• Adobe Photoshop CS4 or later preferred
- Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 processor or higher
- Microsoft Windows 7 or later preferred
- Multicore Intel processor
- Apple Mac OS X 10.9 (Maverick) or later preferred
• 4 GB of RAM or higher
• 1024x768 or higher screen resolution for optimal viewing
• Latest versions of Google Chrome (preferred), Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari browser (Not dev/beta builds).
• Working webcam and microphone/speakers or a headset
• Wired Internet Connection with Minimum of 1.5 mbps download and 0.5 mbps upload
Candidate Selection Process:
1. Pre-screening via questionnaire
2. Proctored Photoshop render/composite skills assessment
3. Interview with Recruiter
4. Interview with Hiring Manager
5. Offer / On-boarding
Current shifts available are:
• 8am to 4pm Pacific time or
• 12noon - 8pm PST
with one hour paid lunch break and rotating weekend coverage.
Qualified candidates will show their attention to detail by completing the sentence "Homee, I’m your next Photoshop candidate because ...." as the opening sentence in their cover letter.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please complete our Pre-Screen Questionnaire which provides more information about the role at [url removed, login to view]