3D Artist Job Posting
We are looking for multiple people who can join our remote work team to do Premium 3D digital artistry on full-body 3D scans of people.
The files will be delivered as zip folders that contain an .obj file, .mtl file, .jpg file. Once you do the digital artistry on each 3D scan you will upload it back to our servers as a .zip file which will contain an .obj file, .mtl file, and texture file(s).
There are no restrictions or special workflows that you need to follow. Feel free to use your own workflow to complete a Premium scan clean up. The only thing that we require is that you submit files in a .obj format. Also, the files should be able to open in meshlab for previewing purposes.
Here is a list of things that normally need to be fixed in the 3D scans:
1. Removal of webbing between arms legs, and between bodies (sometimes our scans are 2-5 people rather than an individual)
2. Smoothing of the mesh to remove bumpy geometry
3. Reconstruction of missing body parts
4. Recreation of props and accessories such as eye glasses
5. Texture painting and editing to fix mistextures on top of heads and other areas
6. Adjust texture in photoshop such as editing hue, saturation, changing curve, etc.
You will also need to sculpt additional detail to bring the scan to premium quality:
1. Sculpt facial details for the eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, and ears as well as ears and fingers.
2. Sculpt believable mesh texture for the hair.
3. Recreate clothes folds and add any additional detail like pockets and buttons.
4. Rebuild and add detail to hats and props.
During the initial on boarding process we will give you a few test scans to complete. If you do a good job on them, we will add you as a member of our remote 3D digital artist team. Our remote 3D digital artist team is responsible for hundreds of 3D files that we have that need 3D digital artistry work.
As a member of our remote 3D digital artist team you will have flexible hours, but we will expect you to complete a minimum of at least few 3D scans per day.
Ability to complete 15-20 3D scans per week
Experience with Pixologic Zbrush
Experience with Autodesk Mudbox, Substance Painter, or other 3D painting program
Experience with Autodesk Maya, Meshmixer, Meshlab, 3DS Max, Blender, or an equivalent program is a plus.
Access to the use of a graphics/drawing tablet or cintiq.
Bonus if you have experience working with 3D scans of people
Proficient in English
Attention to detail
Responsive and open to feedback and revisions
Required Computer Specifications
Windows Operating System
i7 CPU or AMD equivalent
1.5gb video card RAM on a decent/recent card
Minimum internet speed: 5 Mbps Download and 2 Mbps Upload
If your computer doesn't meet the above specifications, please do not apply for this job.
25 freelancers are bidding on average $505 for this job
Thanks, I read the description and I want to offer you my services. You can check my past simular works here [url removed, login to view] and here https://www.freelancer.com/u/IvanWOW contact me to discuss this project♖Thanks a lot!
Hello Sir, I have involved in many 3d Scan projects which could be found in my portfolio. please share more details. My portfolio: [url removed, login to view] With regards kiyara
I has been working in 3d scans of pepople clean up Relevant Skills and Experience All the proces of modeling texturing rigging and animation also im certified by Autodesk