I am looking to have a web script developed that allows for upload of a CSV or tab delimited file and then verifies the number of fields and characters per field and generates a report with results.
Here is how it must work:
1) user comes to site and uploads a CSV or tab delimited text file. Form for upload must ask if the first row of information contains field names or not.
2) Parameters would be passed to script indicating the number of fields, the max number of characters allowed per field and whether a field must have text (a required field). The number of fields will have to be able to change so sometimes there may by 3 fields to verify and other times there maybe be 6 fields to verify (as example) as set out in the parameters. Field length and whether data required or not may also be able to change. (perhaps pass parameters as an array).
3) Script checks to make sure there is no malicious code or embedded scripts etc. in the uploaded file
4) Verify number of fields and verify to make sure each field does not go above the max number of characters allowed per field (this is considered an error). Also check field to make sure not empty if data is required.
5) once checked the results must be sent to the screen as well as writing results to a PDF.
6) Results mush show :
- total number of recorders processed
- total number of errors
- total number of good records
If there are errors then all errors must be reported in the PDF. Must specify record number of bad field and error must also be reported (eg. too many characters, field is empty when data is required, etc.)
- Link must be provided to download the report
- The report is to be saved in the same folder as the uploaded file.
- email to be sent to administrator with link to file and report.
30 freelancers are bidding on average $378 for this job
Ready to start immediately and finish as soon as possible. Please provide details about verification algorithm in PMB. How parameters should be managed? Via admin panel or config file?