It's been 10 months since I originally posted the below project description. I'd say the previous developer team that worked on the site delivered about 50% of the job although I paid them in full which I shouldn't have. The site is far from completed and can only pass beta status at best. Please take a look at the description and ask me if there are any questions regarding the status of this website. URL and further login information can be requested via PM.
- a skilled and experienced developer team or single developer
- English language IS required
- good communication and planning skills
- website administration interface
- user administration interface
- Public/Members area
- Per User ftp accounts
- data processing
- image processing
- live update stream for users of the site (much like twitter or facebook)
- personal user page with options for handling their data (either public or private)
- notification system for user activity (much like twitter or facebook)
- suitable database to store all the user data for X amount of time
- Most importantly and I can't even stress that enough THIS WEBSITE WILL BE MULTILINGUAL WITH SIMPLIFIED CHINESE AND ENGLISH AS WELL AS IN THE PUBLIC AND IN THE MEMBERS AREA!!
Quick description of the functionlity:
This website will function pretty much like twitter. The only difference is that the information twitted to users is not random everyday crap but live data from an application. I have a plugin written that will upload a screenshot and information to the server and that can also trigger a script on the server that forces an update on the users account.
Once that information has been uploaded I need that users followers be notified about the activity that just happened. It can be in their live information stream (just like twitter) or via email if they wish to receive that.
Then the other part will be that users can set the plugin to private and all uploaded information will be processed into the database for later review by the user.
3rd function is that the users account information will be uploaded to the server and be visible in their account once they login with a nice performance graph and all that stuff (data processing). I don't think any of this will cause a major headache to create. It's a rather simple process that requires a database and user management. In the backend I want to see how many people are signed up, how many people are actively using the service and follower statistics, meaning that I want to know who the popular people are. Also simple support options and password retrieval functions and all those things that make my life easier.
This site will be multi lingual Chinese/English but there won't be much text except a few buttons that require to change based on language selection.
Every user will have his/her own URL (just like twitter) where you can see the information they decide to share publicly, history, recent activity, performance and maybe some information about the strategy they use.
I want to build a community here for for the users of the application to help each other and stay in touch about their activity as well as provide them with an automated log so they can review their own activity.
What I do not need for this project THIS IS IMPORTANT IT HAPPENED AGAIN:
- designers (I have my own team for that)
- amateurs who don't know what they are doing
- bad attitude and communication because I have just gone through hell with a development team
- delays, excuses and any other annoyance associated with a project like this
Clarification as to what kind of application is sending the data and screenshots will be sent in private because I did not want to make this rather sensitive information public.
18 freelancers are bidding on average $1206 for this job