I am doing integration of moodle and joomla by using joomdle/jfusion. In moodle, group creation feature is already present but i want to enhance this feature by adding some extra UI. I want to create groups in moodle by joomla front end. For this i am using com_php component(this module display simple php pages into joomla front end). I am already having some logic & idea for doing this, but i want the person who having good php and mysql knowledge for doing this project, because i have to complete this project urgently as soon as possible. This is my course project and i have to complete this within 10 days.
below i describe problem statement and solution
Problem statement in moodle:
1. Cannot define grouping at site level
2. Group self-selection by users.
3. Selection of student from particular group is not possible(we can select student from potential users(all registered users in particular course) list only)
4. We cannot assign any resources/activity to orphan group
5. Batch group creation is not possible.
6. Team leader cannot submit assignment on behalf of his group.
7. Modification is assignment submission page
8. heirarchy in grouping.
UI from joomla front end(create form for each of the given below and provide that feature)
1. Group at site level(Global): add extra field in mdl_group table which is of boolean type. If this value is set, then it cannot be modified by any other user except admin
(a) use for enrollment
(b) Import in course
2. Global group creation at site level. Only admin can create global group. He can create a group from potential user list/groups/groupings/search engine
3. Group creation at course level
We can create group from potential user list/groups/grouping/search engine.
4. Self group selection
User can enrol himself to any group which he wants. Size of group is defined by teacher. This can be done by adding one extra field to mdl_groups table, which allows self selection of group. This is of boolean type.
5. Batch group creation
From moodle front end(UI changes in moodle)
1. Team leader can submit assignment on behalf of his group. This require addition permission moodle/group:cansubmit
2. Add both group and grouping select menu in all activity/resource module. Currently we can assign activity/resources to grouping only(if we activate grouping) else we can assign to group only. Not for both
3. Presently assignment submission shows the list of all users which are enrolled into course. We can filter this list by team leaders.
4. Visibility mode is for group only. We can provide it to grouping also.
Changes in database
1. group table
add boolean field for global group
add boolean field for group self-selection by user
add int field for limiting the size of the group
2. groups_members table
add boolean field for indication of team leader
Try to make heirarchy for group
4 freelancers are bidding on average $537 for this job
Respected Sir, We have 7 years of experience and qualified dedicated professionals to do this task.We can provide you our best service with dedication.Thanks Best Regards Biswa