we need a website that combines certain Learning Management System and Content Management System features.
Site should be Strictly HTML5, AJAX, Jquery-based. Front-end with additional admin-only options required.
The site should be able to interact with the Rackspace CDN when needed (create/remove cloud containers as required) and the ecwid API ([url removed, login to view]).
The site design should be simple enough to navigate easily, and is not required to have a mobile version. Width should be at most 1024px to look fluid on the ipad and should be tablet & smartphone compatible.
The shopping cart has been implemented using ecwid. Site will use nginx as web server.
The main features include members, course editor, report cards and various component integrations & modifications. You will not be required to build most of these from scratch but you will need to integrate ready-made open-source or other free technologies.
Examples of solutions that need to be integrated are : VideoJS & JPlayer (for Media viewing and embedding), social networking features (such as facebook connect, facebook likes, opengraph tags to courses) etc.
This is the biggest challenge that is laid out in this project. You should be able to integrate enough features that would make creating a course fast and straightforward. The course editor should support at least, the following features:
- HTML Editor (restricted edit) such as markitup (or any other JQuery-based HTML editor - [url removed, login to view] ) with "tree view" and media integration (from contributors or simple upload - see functionality at [url removed, login to view] )..
- Test editor (Single answer, multiple answer, fill in the gap, number, match answers). The editor should support media embedding (the same way the HTML editor should). The author should be able to set various test options such as random order of questions, random order of answers, select number of questions from the pool, weight of question, passmark etc.
e-Learning standards (SCORM, IMS QTI etc) implementation is NOT required.
USER ROLES : Contributor, Author, User/Client, Unregistered
Users/Clients need to :
- Register to buy courses.
- Invite friends (similar or identical to openinviter)
- Use their personalised "dashboard (View/access courses they bought - View course progress - View/Print certificates.
Contributors Should be able to :
- Insert & embed Media (Images/Audio/Video) for approval.
- View, Delete Media (if unapproved)
- Earn points for each accepted "Insert or Embed" to get discount codes.
- Use their "dashboard" (as above plus see their points total).
Authors should be able to :
- do all of the above plus,
- create, edit & save courses
- Submit courses for approval
- Use their "dashboard" (as above plus course status (Appr., Pending, Rej.), subscribers & earnings per course (total, pcm)
Admins should be able to :
- Do all of the above plus,
- Approve/reject courses and contributor media.
- Publish or Archive courses
- View site-wide reports (earnings/authors/subscribers total/pcm/per author)
OTHER FUNCTIONS :
Automated core-site backup including database should be included
BROWSER COMPATIBILITY :
IE8 or newer, Firefox 4 or newer, Chrome, Safari & mobile Safari, Webkit (BB 6 or newer).
You will be given a comprehensive prototype of all views required in the website as well as any external dependencies.
DO NOT BUILD THIS SITE WITH ACTION SCRIPT 3.
BUILD with HTML 5/ CSS 3 / Ruby on Rails / PHP
- Strong understanding of standards compliant with XHTML/HTML5.
Post-completion technical support AND documentation is required.
Compensation negotiable if project scope / requirement changes.
Further development work opportunity will be available.
Most other technology aspects are open to suggestions, so creative thinkers will be
Applicants will be considered on the basis of references, and examples of previous work.
17 freelancers are bidding on average €1391 for this job
I have a big Software Engineering Company with Professional [url removed, login to view] we can give you full recognition for your project..So don't think [url removed, login to view] feel the difference
We are a professionally managed IT products and services company, with strong focus on web related technologies and development. Please check the private message for the more details