I need a plugin for joomla for allowing fast automatic translations that can be stored in the database:
- compatible with joomla 2.5 / 3 and with all modern browsers;
- fetches text, submits it to google translate or bing translate and returns the translated values without needing to refresh page (ajax?);
- does that by using ext-editor buttons, so that it can be reused in com_content and in any component that uses the joomla editor;
- unencrypted open source code so it can be submitted to the JED as GPL
- on the plugin configuration there is an area to input google and bing translate id/key and a selector to choose which one to use - includes links to the key/ID creation both for google and bing;
- the plugin creates two ext-editor buttons (the area below the joomla textarea) that allow for translation in the following way:
- one of the buttons says "translate" and, upon click opens a dialog for choosing the language (with tick box to "remember the language") and a ok button. Upon clicking the OK, the dialog closes and all the text in the textarea is translated to the chosen language, without losing it's formating.
- the other button says "transquick" and mimics the functioning of the first but has one textarea in the pop-up/squeezebox and that is the one that gets translated.
The whole idea is that the first button allows for a quick translation of the article content and the second one can be used for metatags or titles or extra fields.
this is thought of as a first release, the developer who is awarded the project will later be hired for additional development or code upgrade upon google/bing api changes.