Please read the following project requirements, and if you think you can do a great job on this project, please reply with any questions you have that are not already answered below or by having a look around the current website. Please submit a bid along with examples of your work.
skills required: web design, mobile app development and design, html, css, ajax, jquery, php, mysql, social media integration, RSS Feeds and social bookmark sites integration, SEO and Web/mobile App Marketing.
The current site is written in PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS. Here is the link:
[url removed, login to view]
This is a website that encourages people to reduce waste by re-use and recycling using the old fashioned barter system. This website has been around since 2006, and has become outdated. It needs to be improved, enhanced, and re-launched.
I'm searching for a talented designer/developer to make the following enhancements and improvements to the existing website:
1. Add "swoplot dollars" buy/sell functionality:
a.) Add a an optional field "swoplot dollars" to listings, so user can sell their listing as well as swop it.
b.) Add the ability to buy swoplot dollars via paypal. I already have buy credit via paypal functionality. Credit allows users to post a listing. Whereas Swoplot dollars can be used to buy and sell items in listings in case the person interested does not have a suitable listing to swop.
2. Marketing/Viral: Add facebook, twitter and other social media integration to existing website. So that users can share listings, profiles, and share their site activity on social media networks such as; Facebook (recommend/share), Twitter, Plurk, MySpace, LinkedIn, Orkut, Google Plus One. Add RSS Feeds for each user's listings, new listings, etc... Add integration with social bookmark sites trhoughout via an icon bar featuring the most popular sites like; Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon, delicious, tweetmeme, mixx, fark, slashdot, friendfeed. Add send to friend via email functionality to listing pages.
3. Create mobile app for (iphone, android) where all website functionailties (including social media i.e. FB Twitter, etc...) are available in an easy clean interface. App should use GPS for an extra feature to show listings nearest the user. Publish this app in App Store and promote it in the top 10 online directories of mobile apps.
4. Make improvements to the design of the website, so that it looks more current and professional. All of the forms
should use AJAX so there is not page reload. Improve the messages and listings pagination look and usability. Add some AJAX or JQuery elements to improve the look and usability. Change the out dated square edges and layout that uses tables, to current css standards, make rounded edges and more attractive layout.
5. Debug the feedback functionality, and any other bugs that are found. Currently I have seen the feedback left for the user who wrote it instead of the user they had traded with. This is a simple fix. There may be others like this.
6. Improve Search Engine Optimization of entire site, and implement Google Analytics into the site.
7. Thoroughly test for functionality and performance. Debug and improve where necessary. Performance benchmark is all pages load in under 5 seconds with 1000 concurrent users.
8. Marketing - Publish the website and mobile app in all the directories, and optimize the search engine keywords of each page. Use SEO and marketing techniques to improve the website's Google Page Ranking.
I will do an acceptance test when you are finished, and will provide you with any findings that need fixing before Swoplot 2.0 can be launched, the project can be closed, and full payment will be released from escrow.
Terms of payment:
Full payment will be made to an escrow account and it will be released upon successful completion of the entire website build. Do not ask for escrow payment to be released before beginning work. This is non-negotiable.
Web Browser support Requirements for supported browsers.
All content MUST be readable and usable and all functionality MUST work.
Variations to presentation of content MUST be minimised.
Where CSS layout is used, the CSS MUST be rendered by supported web browsers, so that a fully-styled version of the page is presented to the user.
IE: 6, 7, 8
FireFox: 4.0.x, 3.6.x, 3.5.x, 3.0.x
Chrome: latest x.x (Chrome auto updates)
Opera: 10.x, 9.6.x, 9.5.x
Safari: 5.x, 4.x, 3.x
18 freelancers are bidding on average $2857 for this job
Hi, I am a Software Engineer, with 5 years experience, from India. Java, PHP and DBMS are my specialities. Would like to work with you, as per the proposal. Thanks, Sham Patole