Description: We want to modify MediaWiki and the LDAP Authentication Extension to display the users' "displayName" as a default instead of the "uid".
Please see the attached PDF file for a visual explanation of the project.
- A Wiki page using MediaWiki version 1.15.1
- LDAP Authentication Extension ( [url removed, login to view]:LDAP_Authentication )
- We use email addresses as a login name to access our Wiki. So the userID (known as "uid" in the LDAP Authentication Extension) is an email address.
- When viewing "History" or "User List" or any page in the Wiki that displays user information, their email addresses are displayed. We don't want to display any user's email address anywhere in the Wiki.
- A modification to the LDAP Authentication Extension as well as MediaWiki's PHP component so that users can still login using their email address, but each user's "displayName" is displayed, instead of the email address ("uid").