We have the project to create a website for a community, where the members can go, exchange some ideas, information.
The structure of the site is very clear for us, I will try to explained it precisely:
- A homepage with some text and picture. About design, we want a large picture on the top, menu's buttons under the picture, and a frame on the right with the login's boxes at the top, and text editable under. Everything must be very easily changeable.
- Possibility to choose, at the top of every page, between two languages (French & German).
- An inscription's system with 2 different prices, payable with secured credit cards. The first category ("a") is for the members of the community, so at the inscription, the site had to ask for "name" "surname" "e-mail" and "license number"(member's number: format xxx.xx.xxx.x, with only numbers: ex(433.84.459.0)). The user chooses a login and a password. The website has to verify that the license number AND the login are still free, otherwise the inscription is impossible.
The second price category ("b") is for external member, using the community's site for their own publicity. We have 5 kinds of "b" users: "clubs/academies"(b1), "camps/stages"(b2), "tournaments"(b3), "teaching"(b4) and "shops"(b5). At the inscription, the user had to communicated his "name"(society name), "email", “login”, “password” and to choose a category (b1-b5). If he wants, he had the option to pay twice and choose 2 categories (example: b1&b3), or to pay 5 times and choose all the "b" categories (or to pay 4 and have 4, or 3 and have 3, of course). It's not possible to choose the category "a" and one of the "b". The website has to verify the login is free.
After the payment, the website send a email to the member with his login and password, that he had chosen. The account is authorized.
FOR ALL MEMBERS (A&B):
- All users arrive on a "news" page when they had just logged on. The A members have the permission to add a comments about the news (every comment must show the login of the user who posted it). A new news must be post very easily by the webmaster, and old news must be archived. Eventually, the webmaster must have the option to add a simple poll at the end of his news.
ONLY FOR "A" MEMBERS:
- A personal sheet is created for every members. The sheet is in 3 part:
1) The name, the surname and the license number
2) All the personal information. Only the owner of the personal sheet can add them.
3) 6 polls, which any "A" members can vote. Questions are:
- Best shot: 4 answers
- Attitude: 2 answers
- Best aptitude: 3 answers
- Most used effect: 3 answers
- Fairplay: 3 answers
- Position: 3 answers
The results of theses polls must be very visual (cake graphic?). An user can't vote more than once per week to each poll from each personal sheet.
On a page "my profile", the user can change/add about 20 information about him, and add a picture for his personal sheet. All the information are texts: birthday, address, city, club, phone number, MSN address, email, favorite player, best tournament, best souvenir, worst, favorite soccer team, nationality (eventually with a flag picture to choose), personal comments (large text box). Only the information "name" "surname" and "license number" CAN'T be change. A little box can be active or not: "are you looking for partners?"
On a page "other profile", the user can search other profile with few information: "surname" "city" "looking for partners?" "license number".
At the bottom of the page, he can also create the personal sheet of someone who has a license number and who is not already member of the website. For that, he only has to enter the name, the surname and the license number. Of course, he can't add all the other personal information. Only when the owner of the license number will became a user of the website, he'll be able the complete his profile. But when the personal sheet is created, even the owner of the personal sheet is still not member of the website, the other users can already vote about him with the 6 polls!
ONLY FOR "A" MEMBERS:
- A private page for every A member, where he can save all his matches. Important: The first time the user connect to this page, he had to insert a number call "W5". We need to show a picture to him to explain exactly which valor it is. The valor can't be change after, or only if the webmaster erase it from the database. If the valor is erase, the message "insert W5" will again be present when the user come back on the page. If the user doesn't enter number, he can't go on the private page.
At the top of the private page, a formulary where he can insert "name of the opponent" "ranking of the opponent" "W4 value of the opponent" "score" "win, loose, walk-over" "date" "comments".
At the middle of the page, all the matches already insert, with the information insert. The user has to have the right to modify a W4 value. You can also choose "+" or "-" to add or remove 0.5 to the opponent W4 value (see Excel file). And to delete all the information of the match (remove match).
At the bottom, the new ranking of the user, calculated with a mathematical formula about the "W4 value of the opponent", the "W5 of the user" and the "win, lose or walk-over". The formula is simple: see the “excel” file. Be careful, every 6 matches played (wins and losses), the formula erases one loss from the calculation. 4 erased loses at maximum. You will see this on the excel file.
FOR ALL MEMBERS (A&B):
- Six different pages, with always the same structure, but with different restrictions. On which page, the users can search for some data, with a research engine. The critters of the researches are "date" "location" "text". Allowed user can add some data on some page, with a formulary: "short description", "long description", "date", "location" and add a picture. The results of a search must appear with the picture and the short description. I think about 10 results per page. When you select a result, you can read all the information in a full page.
The six different pages are:
# Club/academies: allowed to search: A & all B. allowed to add data: B1
# Camp/stages: allowed to search: A & all B. allowed to add data: B2
# Tournaments: allowed to search: A & all B. allowed to add data: B3
# Teaching: allowed to search: A & all B. allowed to add data: B4
# Shops: allowed to search: A & all B. allowed to add data: B5
# Occasions: allowed to search: only A. allowed to add data: only A.
ONLY FOR "A" MEMBERS:
- Forum. Simple, with different sections. Easy to set for the webmaster. The login of the user had to be present on every message he posts on the forum.
FOR ALL MEMBERS (A&B) AND FOR NO-MEMBERS (access possible from the homepage, before the login):
- Contact formulary by e-mail.
- Don't forget: the possibility to choose between two languages!
Now, we still have some conditions:
- all the text can be change very easy, cause the site you make will probably make in English and second language English, and we have to translate it in French and German. So it must be easy to do. Even the page name must be translate.
- the code must be well built, quick, even if a lot of users are connect at the same time.
- the administrator can check all the database, delete, change or add item. Even in the forum, or the "news' comments". The administrator can also freeze or authorize account.
Thanks for your interest. If the job is well done, we look for a long relationship, we have other projects after this one.
I hope my message was not too long, and enough precise. I try to mention every details, to be sure the project will be successful. Despite the long description, I don’t think it’s a long project. Only about 10 pages, I think.
I hope you had now a good understanding of the project.
If you have references, please mention them.