We have a straight-forward requirement to complete/enhance some educational software. The software is an existing Classic ASP/HTML/SQL Server web application. It must be classic ASP because we can't support Dot Net. The database must be SQL Server 2000. We need a coder to take the existing application here [_[url removed, login to view]] and modify it to meet all of the requirements below.
The idea is that teachers, parentsand students of all ages can access the website, create their own exams and test themselves over and over for exam preparation. Once the exams have been created, our organisation will own the rights and we can re-sell the exams to our customers and provide a commission to the exam's creators.
_The existing application_
We have already developed many of the requirements listed below. Here is the existing application [_[url removed, login to view]]
The source code will be made available to the successful bidder.
You should be able to register, log in, create an exam and then take the exam but you will notice the occasional bug. There are also a number of enhancements required.
Is to create a successful business providing online education system where the exams are created by the users themselves.
We want to sell exams through eBay and via the net.
We want to encourage users to create exams for themselves that we can then sell.
We want to encourage large institutions to register their members for training... businesses, schools etc
All pages will display relevant google ads on front page (we already display similar advertising on [_www.dvddeliveries.com.au_] and have our accounts set up )
SCREENS/FEATURES (some of these are already completed - see link above)
1) Registration. We require name, email, password, age, education etc. This is mostly complete already in the existing application.
· at this stage registration and use of your own exams will be free (may change later and adjustable in admin panel). Users only pay to use other people's exams.
· age and current level of education
· information already beeing captured in the existing version
2) User agreement - users will have to agree that we own the exams they create etc - we will create the text for this. The coder may substitute some temporary text for the time being.
3) User home page:
* The users home page will be broken up into two parts. Their examination activity and their exam creation activity.
* Users should be able to alter all of their their details including contact details, payment details age and current level of education
* allow users to alter their level of subscription through paypal
* a version of ecah users home page should be available to anonymous viewers who want to determine which exams have been passed (potential employers, parents etc)
_Exam Creation summary_
* Display a list of exams this user has developed
* The exams should also display corresponding data regarding number of times their exams have been exams taken, number of exam sales, average scores, numbers of people accredited(passed), links to people who have passed/failed together with their scores and accuracy, ratings and rankings from each exam they have taken.
* display commission accrued from exam sales for each exam the user has created.
* display the total amount earned by this member and the user and the total amount currently owed
* Users can elect to make this page public so that others (teachers/parents/managers etc) can verify their success. This page should be available directly via a logical URLe.g. [[url removed, login to view]]
* display a list of the certificates achieved
* Members will be able toautomatically generate a certificate from a standard Know-itall template with the relevant information regarding their exam (title, accuracy, rank, exam designer, information about the exam) overlayed. Exam takers will be able to create an email to their registered address with the dynamically generated printable PDF documentattatched.
* cetificates will also display the percentage of Know-itall members beaten by this member. E.g. "Higher than 92% of people who took this exam"
* All exams taken should be listed. There should be a link from there to the individual exam’s home page
* User home page should have a ‘Hall’ where all of the miniature certificates of achievement will ‘hang’.
4) Exam development page
* Allow each question and/or answer to link to an image on the internet.
* any member of the site (even non-paying members) are able to create and edit their own exams
* only the creator of an exam or an administrator is able to edit existing exams
* if this is an existing exam (that has been released), show the number of times each question has been asked and the right/wrong % of each answer.
* allow up to 1000 questions per exam.
* exam creators will specify multi choice answers (up to 6 answers with a minimum of 4 including the correct answer)
* if this is an existing exam (that has been released), show the percentage of times each answer has been chosen. This will allow exam creators to monitor any problems with accuracy etc.
* each question may have a 'hint' or 'lesson' which will display in the learning mode and when a user gets an answer wrong.
* allow creators to link to an image via URL which will show in the question
* continue with the HTML theme used in the existing application
* allow developers to describe their exam, select user levels etc (primary, pre-school, university), appropriate age range and genre.
* allow developers to enter a congratulatory message to the achievers (who achieve better than the pre-set pass level).
* examiners will also be able to write the script that will go onto their certificates/awards
* Exams may be private or public. Some organisations may not want to expose their Intellectual property to the web.
* Exam creators will set a pass level (e.g. 80%) at which point a certificate will be awarded(emailed to the user).
* Once an exam has been 'released' by its creator, it will be searchible and be available through its own home page
* statistics pertaining to the exam should be available from this page.
(more) - see attachment for full requirements
Classis ASP on IIS 6.0 with SQL Server 2000