This is our second posting for this project, the project has expanded however. This time, the selected partner will cooperate with us to create functional specs. A language school wishes to provide remote desktop support to their customers that would be billed by minute or, depending on service upon connect or disconnect.
The project comprises of two parts:
I. a web-based application with administration and front-end (e.g. [url removed, login to view]), user's My Account page with all applicable functions (TBA, but including user's past tickets, past bills etc.)
II. A downloadable, self-installing remote desktop client (see below).
PART I - THE PORTAL
User Classes and Characteristics
PROVIDER USER CLASSES
1. System Administrator - Super-administrator, responsible for software installation, upgrades, maintenance and super-level administration.
2. Product Administrator - Employee, responsible for entering and editing service models and pricing.
3. Helpdesk Administrator - manages technician knowledge classes and skills, technicians and technician groups, technician personal info, skills and routing (connection) data.
4. Technician - Creates, edits and shares/assigns/transfers support tickets, provides the actual helpdesk service.
5. Telephone Operator - Responsible for creating and assigning support tickets to technicians.
BUSINESS ACCOUNT SPECIFIC USERS
1. Account Super-Admin - A business account’s highest administrator, responsible for creating and editing users, groups, user profiles, monthly quotas, editing billing information, printing reports etc.
2. Group manager - Manages group users and their profiles in a company.
GENERAL USER CLASSES
1. User - General user as individual or part of a business account.
2. Power user - custom defined access rights.
PORTAL – FRONT END
We have outlined features of the portal, but final sw specifications will be created together with the selected provider in Phase 1.
SYSTEM ADMIN PAGES
Add/Manage Company Account
TELEPHONE OPERATOR SITE
Add Notes / User Information
View Skills/Skill Categories
Add/manage skill categories
Create/manage groups (e.g. Management, Sales, IT etc.)
Manage Group and individual Profiles
User/billing information (difference between individual user and part of business account)
Subscription profile (pick-a-plan)
Schedule a Ticket
View ticket history
Knowledge base (FAQ)
CLIENT COMMUNICATION MODULE (set of back-end functions, communicates with the downloadable desktop client)
Retreive connection info based on session code
Functions with regard to minute balance (check balance, substract balance - on connect, on disconnect or by minute)
PART II - THE CLIENT
a) Self-installing client, non-VNC based (!!!), of the type of [url removed, login to view], that connects to administration to translate session code (entered by user) to connection info and protocol (technician IP etc.)
Back-end connection functions [get technician ID, send technician IP&Port]
Technician profile, photo
Limit to Window
Feedback Form upon Session Close
Extreme Events (e.g. what happens when user's balance is running out)
b) An applicable aplication for technician's desktop, that allows a technician to view and control several desktops at once. Connection sharing between e.g. 2, 3 technicians and a user and real-time transfer of connection to other technician.
A typical session would have the following elements:
1. Contact by phone or live chat or e.g. Skype/MSN
2. Technician or telephone operator create and assign ticket, provide session code to user; provide download info to user
3. User downloads client, enters session code and is automatically connected to the technician
4. Support session.
5. Support session closes; user fills out feedback form. Window closes and client uninstalls.
The project would be as follows:
- Planning phase (functional spec provided by seller, collaboration through Skype and e-mails or seller's collaboration platform if any)
- Development phase
- Testing phase
- User acceptance test
Please provide timing estimates.
Thank you for bidding!