PLEASE DO NOT BID UNLESS YOU HAVE LOOKED THROUGH THE ATTACHED FILES AND POSITIVELY CAN DO THE DEVELOPMENT. THE HOST IS [url removed, login to view], SO LOOK THERE FOR THE DATABASE AND ENGINE POSSIBILITIES (OSCOMMERCE PREFERRED).
PLEASE DO NOT BID MORE THAN $1,600 AS THAT IS MY MAXIMUM BUDGET.
There are a few components - Please read carefully:
1. Database and Shop Front:
The site should take a daily data feed (data will be received via ftp as a series of files all zipped into one file, but directory should be polled and import happen when a new file is received), and display all items, categorised for sale in the shop front. The daily feed will be like the attached files (samples, including the freight file), with the .doc describing the file formats.
By default, all customers should be "guest" until they create an account. As well as the usual customer information, there should be a "markup" field that is only accessable from the backend, where I can put their markup in. eg. a large customer may get a 5% markup, while a "guest" may get a 15% markup - this needs to be calculated in the prices shown to the customer. I should be able to alter this in the control panel you build.
3. There should be the usual flow of a sale. Browse, select, checkout, payment, confirmation, tracking, status, shipping, etc. Customers should be able to pay by credit card, paypal, or have their account flagged (by me only) as a credit account with a credit limit in place.
4. I should be able to email customers (in bulk) from the site database.
5. I am using [url removed, login to view] for hosting, and I am also using the tools they provide, so most templates, etc should be available there.
6. A newsletter system. Customers should have the option of being able to sign up for my newsletter.
7. I think that's all (but I may have missed something?)
We need someone who:
# Has experience in developing shopfronts and the backend database
# Has reference sites and references
# Is methodical in their approach and can turn around fixes in short timeframes - This needs to be built (including testing) in 3 weeks.
# There is likely to be an ongoing maintenance requirement also - an hour or 2 per month?