The client's site is: www. me-too. net and they require their site to be redesigned as the site no longer describes their business accurately or reflects how their business has developed and is not the currently the kind of site that their target market will like.
Below is a rough idea of what they want the site to achieve, the impression it should give and the ‘market’ they want to focus on...
• business software development
• web applications (anything with databases)
• ‘enterprise’ solution selection
• business process review (consultancy) i.e. ‘process audits’
• UK-based small (not micro) / medium sized business
Impression to portray:
• Professional but friendly rather than ‘cold’ / faceless
• Competent / experienced
• Efficient / well organised
• Quality of service / outcome orientation rather than ‘cheap’
• you can use whatever colours you like and change the logo / tagline however you like
• each main page / category (of which there will be about 4 / 5 will have its own flash banner. The main pages will be changing i.e. pages like "domain names" are still relevant but should not be a main page / category, these can be linked to from the site map (which the site will also need).
• the URLs of the site's existing pages will be kept so EITHER .asp needs to be used (with a flexible page naming CM system) OR php can be used if 301 permanent redirects will ensure no loss of PR / visibility etc in the search engines.
• A simple content management system is required so client can update page text etc without needing to FTP.
• most of the content on the site will be moved across to the new design, the client will advise of the new structure i.e. categories / pages and what is to go where etc.
• SE friendly URLs are required
• The client is keen to move forward quickly so do NOT bid if you are not available to do the work or if you have other commitments that will mean it will drag on, we'd like the work done within 2 weeks of the bidding finishing. If this is going to be a problem then please do not bid!
• We will provide a development environment for you.
• Upon awarding the project we will immediately escrow 30% of the agreed fee and 70% of the agreed fee separately. The first payment will be released when a template has been designed and approved. The second payment will be released when the project is completed and the redesigned site is live.
• If you are PMing me then start your message with the word "banana"... if you fail to do this then I will assume that either (a) you haven't read this far or (b) you can't follow simple instructions... either way this will mean that I'll ignore your bid, please don't be offended! ;-)
This is a good project for talented freelancer to do to show us the quality of their work so we can use them for similar projects... look forward to reading your bids!