We need a keystroke and paste buffer monitoring application to assist with corporate fraud prevention and user accountability for a medium sized business.
This application will be used to validate user PC activity with corresponding call recordings from our PBX to protect against fraud to our company and customers. Our industry typically has a very high turnover rate, which leads to occasional issues with the quality and integrity of employees hired.
Our present solution for this task is through the use of a spyware / malware type application, however, we're constantly fighting system instability problems, inconsistent and flaky performance due to this poorly built software.
The application should be written in C++ and be as straightforward as possible. Upon finalization of the project development, the source code must also be provided. The application should be able to compile cleanly using either MS VisualStudio or Bloodshed Dev C++
Functions and requirements for main application:
• runs without any window or system tray visibility. Avoid process injection – it’s ok if the process is visible in task manager.
• Avoid tampering with other applications or processes on machine – this application isn’t designed to be a malware, so it shouldn’t act like it. Limit stealthy or non-standard application behavior. Use native Windows API functions as much as possible.
• works on 32 & 64 bit Windows XP and Windows 7.
• will run as a portable executable and not require traditional “installation” on target machine.
• must not adversely affect processor utilization or cause system instability.
• must not require administrative privileges and does not trigger UAC prompts in Windows 7.
• captures all keystrokes, foreground window title, any text copied into the paste buffer. Option to apply backspace keystrokes to log file configurable at time of compile.
• records logged information to an ascii or binary file. Log file name and location configurable as variable at time of compile. If log file doesn’t exist, attempt to create it. If unable to create file, silently exit. If log file exists but no permissions to write to it, then silently exit. (see log file specifications below)
• encrypt or encode log file contents so that information is obfuscated. Key or string used for encryption / encoding is configurable as variable set at time of compile. (see log file specifications below)
• transmit log files to a WAN host using the HTTP post method. HTTP host IP and port configurable at time of compile. Also provide corresponding php or aspx file to receive logs on server.
• log file transmission interval configurable in days at time of compile.
• must account for server unreachable condition and only attempt resending log once daily or at each startup of application. If server remains unreachable for <100 days or log file size exceeds 50MB, purge / flush log file and continue logging.
• upon successful log send, flush or zero out log file – don’t delete so we can maintain specific file permissions to the file.
• log file might be deleted by an outside process while the application is running, so don’t keep any locking on the log file while application is running that would prevent this. If log is deleted by outside process, attempt to recreate new log file and continue. If unable to recreate log file, silently exit.
• application may store settings/flags as needed to the HKCU\Software\XXXXX\ registry hive. For example to maintain how many days since last successful log send or other settings that need to survive reboot or application close and restart.
Please see the attached word document for full and detailed description of the project requirements.
6 freelancers are bidding on average $775 for this job
Hi, we have check all details with all points and now we are interested with this job so please provide one chance to us related this job please check your PMB for more details Thanks