I require a case studies page building that integrates into our existing website (existing site is mainly static html) that plots locations and details on a UK map of my customers UK installations using the Google API / Mashup by pulling the data fields from a dBase.
So, no design just the back-end system to be built.
1. Secure log in page with username and password to enable upload of data fields
2. This takes you to file upload page. This page features the following fields :
- Title (also to be page title)
- Unique code (automatically generated)
- Description of installation
- Main photo of installation
- Sub photos
- Type of job (2 types - referred to as TYPE1 and TYPE2)
3. SUBMIT button then sends this data and the 8 fields to the mySQL database which populates the database with these fields.
4. The Google Maps API then populates the case studies page with a UK map with these fields taken from the database and plots the location on a coloured pin on the map based on the postcode field.
5. Two different colours are to be used, 1 for TYPE1 and 1 for TYPE2 (2 different coloured pins one for each of the two types of installation)
6. NOTE: The postcode maps the location on the case studies map (not exact house location for security reasons). This can be solved by only allowing the Google Maps to zoom a certain distance (not as far as street level), so the exact location cannot be seen, just the general area of install.
7. A pop-up location bubble will appear when the relevant case study is clicked on the map. The pop-up bubble is to feature 4 of the fields from the database:
- Description (truncated to a certain number of letters / words)
- Image (main)
- Read-more (to take the user to the automatically generated page)
8. A unique page is also to be generated from the database fields with all 8 of the fields on. This is built from the header and footer elements of an existing PHP template and the page title is drawn from the name of the installation field.
This unique page features the standard header and footer elements from the main page template along with the other fields drawn from the database for that particular installation entry. This page will also need to generate a PDF version of each one.
9. Basic Jquery lightbox effect is to be used on the automatically generated page to allow fixed size main image and small images to click and expand to a full sized version of the images. Image resizing will also be required to resize the image to:
- fixed size small image
- fixed size larger image (for lightbox pop-up effect)
10. The map showing 2 styles of coloured location pins can be sorted by either “TYPE1” or “TYPE2” so for example clicking the “TYPE1” icon will leave just the TYPE1 icons on the map, whilst clicking the TYPE2 icons will just leave the icons. A third button / filter will combine both together on the map (the default setting when the page loads)
11. The case studies can also be sorted by a list – by clicking the “TYPE1” or “TYPE2” on the uniquely generated page will bring up (10 entries per page and a pagination system at the bottom to cope with multiple pages of 10) with the page title, description (truncated) main image, and the link to read the unique page.
TYPE1 1: Image | Page Title 1 | Description | Link to full page
TYPE1 2: Image | Page Title 1 | Description | Link to full page
TYPE2 case studies page
TYPE2 1: Image | Page Title 1 | Description | Link to full page
TYPE2 2: Image | Page Title 1 | Description | Link to full page
So, I'm looking for an experienced programmer with a very good understanding of Google MAPS API (evidence required of relevant previous projects please) OR am happy to consider a commercial solution which can be customised by you to fulfill ALL the above criteria.
The project is a little last minute so would be looking for an immediate start with a view to fast completion
20 freelancers are bidding on average £527 for this job
Hi, I have quite good experience in Google Map API and have delivered quality projects with implementation of innovative concepts. Please allow me to discuss your project more in PMB. Regards