The ideal candidate for this project...
1. speaks good english
2. will communicate via messaging and voice on skype, gtalk, etc.
3. meets deadlines
4. provides updates on a regular basis (at least 3 times a week)
If this does not describe you then please do not bid.
This is a test project that will lead to more projects if I like your work.
Here we go....
I sell on eBay, and I have a dropshipping company that sends out products for me. I'm looking to automate some of my manual tasks which include:
- copy and pasting customer's order details into .xml file (to be uploaded at my dropshipper's website)
In order words, I want the customer's order details to be formatted into a .xml file somewhat automatically.
It is hard for me to explain exactly what I need in technical terms because I'm not sure of all of the correct terms to use, so please bear with me.
Here's what I need:
1. When I receive a PayPal payment from an eBay customer, I want the following fields to be extracted to an online database:
- part order (PO) (every order sent to my dropshipper requires a PO reference...I've been using the the first 12 characters of the customer eBay user ID)
- ship via (codes discussed at [url removed, login to view] ....default to USA is 2)
- customer name
- customer shipping address line 1
- customer shipping address line 2 (if needed)
- customer city
- customer state
- customer postal code
- customer country (to be put in [url removed, login to view] format, found at [url removed, login to view])
- product part number(s)
2. Next, once a day, I'd like to be able to click a button and have the .xml file created from the data in the online database. I will save the .xml to my hard drive, and then upload the .xml file to my dropshipper's website.
3. Also, the database will need to indicate that the order has already been exported, so that it will not be exported again the next day.
-The main issue with all of this is referencing the eBay item that was ordered with my dropshipper's product number. And some of my eBay items include multiple product numbers. But, I assume it would be possible for me to put the auction title in the newly created online database, and have it reference to the part number(s). Am I right?
My eBay auction title - DARTH VADER Adult Mens Star Wars Costume COMPLETE Suit
That auction consists of 3 part numbers from my dropshipper. Here is what those part numbers look like in .xml format
-Also, you'll notice there are limitations on characters for certain fields in the .xml file sent to my dropshipper. This is why I only use the first 12 characters of the eBay user ID for the PO. You can read more about limitations on certain fields at [url removed, login to view]
-Also, most of the payments I receive thru paypal will be for eBay orders for this dropshipper, but not all of them. So, there will need to be a way to indicate that a payment is not to be exported in the .xml file.
I have attached a file that gives an example of a .xml file that I have recently uploaded to my dropshipper's site. In that file you will see all of the fields that I use.
You can read more about my dropshippers XML specifications (sending orders, necessary format, etc.) at this URL:
[url removed, login to view]
Feel free to ask any questions.