We are a translation company looking for an online real time word count and quotation tool. There is a desktop word count tool available through [[url removed, login to view]] (they have a free demo). We use it to count files in Word, Excel, HTML and other formats. We want to be able to give clients online instant quote and therefore need to be able to do word count in real time and then display a quote. We would also like to be able to import the order directly into QuickBooks if possible, although this is not critical at this point. There is a sample real time word count function available through [[url removed, login to view]] in case you want to see an example.
The visitor of the site will be able to perform the following functions:
- allow site visitors to upload files
- display language lists for visitor to choose source language and target language (allowing for multiple sources and targets)
- see a quote screen
- pay with a credit card using PayPal
- allow site owner to edit price list.
- allow for 1-5 extra charge items such as project management cost, desktop publishing cost in addition to fee calculated based on word count.
I am a new user on this site and am not very experienced in working with coders. I would be willing to pay a higher fee for someone who can work with me patiently.
Look forward to your proposals.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows 2000, XP and all 3.0 + versions of Internet Explorer and Netscape. Currently our web site is hosted on a Windows 2000 server with a SQL database