I have an excel vba project I built that is a basic inventory management program that does the following simple tasks
1) Click “edit inventory” button
2) User form pops up that says “scan barcode”, currently user scans barcode using scanner attached to pc
3) After they scan another userform pops up that says “enter qty”, user inputs qty
4) Then anther userform pops up with two buttons, “Add to inventory” or “Remove from Inventory”
5) When user clicks either one it takes the barcode from step 2, and looks it up in a different master inventory sheet and either adds or subtracts the qty entered in step 3 from the current stock qty for the item
What I was wondering was if there was some way to put this spreadsheet in the cloud or somehow make it available remotely so the user could use an iphone app to operate (use iphone as scanner). As far as the cloud option, I don’t think this can be done but Im not positive. I did some research and unfortunately Excel Online (office in the cloud) doesn’t let you do VBA. I did find that it may be possible to convert the vba project to google docs via googleappsscript (see link) but its not the same as excel and I have no clue how to do (may be interested in giving this a shot if someone knows how).
[url removed, login to view]
The other option I was thinking about was somehow using a remote access software like teamviewer to make it work.
Here is an app already built that could be useful: [url removed, login to view]
If anyone thinks they might have some ideas give me a quote and PM me. thanks