Let me tell you in detail what I want and then you can bid accurately:
I want to start with this theme [url removed, login to view] and customize it to my requirements below:
1. I want the slider area completely gone.
2. I want the sidebar widgets completely gone from the home page.
3. I want to change the layout to make it more like [url removed, login to view] i.e. on the home page, there will be one main post of a larger size and then two columns on the right for other posts with thumbnails. Below this section, we will have the "more recent stories' section just like salon has. On the right hand side we will have a couple of other boxes which will show automated content based on RSS feeds or Twitter updates.
4. I want the menu be removed from the left hand side as a vertical one, and be moved to the right-top as a horizontal menu. I want it to look like [url removed, login to view] and it would be based on the Wordpress Categories we have.
5. I also need a logo for the magazine that would go with the theme. The name of the magazine is "Perspective".
These are the things I can think of, there would definitely be other changes as well but they would be pretty small ones.
Now I know enough WP to see that #1 and #2 will probably take 10 minutes combined (infact I can do that myself too if need be). #4 will probably take an hour or two and #3 will probably take the most time.