I am looking for someone to join me in a new venture. I want to work on a game (and in the future many games) that is for facebook and also google+ that will make money using the facebook coin system / google+ equivalent.
Because i am on a budget, In addition to your pay, you will also own 10% of anything we develop together, and take home 10% of the net profit, so please consider this when you are placing your bid.
THE APPLICANT MUST:
- Have a strong desire to create a fun, addictive game and a vested interest that it is a success.
- Examples of previous game design/creation
- A full understanding of the facebook API and google+ API to make sure we can launch without problems
- preferably be interested in working on this project more for their desire of creating something great than just to earn a buck.
- be easy to communicate with, and speak English fluently
- accept PayPal payments.
- willing to take on a challenge and learn to overcome any stumbling blocks along the way on their own
- have a good understanding of online multiplayer gaming
- be able to set up the necessary database solution
- The game will work off the basics of a tower-defense mould, with a lot of differences and ideas taken from other games
- there will be a "quick play" mode which will be like a traditional tower defense game, and a campaign mode which will be a never-ending mode where players can build a base, customise things and purchase additional equipment.
- It will have a weekly tournament board for friends to compete with each other, and the option to pay to have small advantages.
- quickplay mode will need a random map generator, which does not need to be too advanced, but will mean the game will never get completely repetitive
- having played a lot of games and done a lot of research for this particular type of game, i have come to the conclusion that 'addictiveness' is a very profitable factor, and will be aiming to make this game as addictive as possible to get players hooked, spend money, and tell their friends.
These are just the points i think are necessary so you can decide if you are up to the job. There are a lot of good ideas i have for this game that i do not want to spell out publicly, which i believe are the recipe for a success. I am an entrepeneur and have already launched 12 programs/websites before, all have been successful. This will be my first time venturing into the games market and in fact the social media app market, but i have a good track record with my ideas and execution, but for this one i will need help, which is where you come in!
To begin with, i think it is best to come up with a fully-functional demo of the game, so the graphical side of things are not important, we can get someone else if necessary to make some attractive graphics when the game is finished.
I am on a budget for this. I can employ a full time indian programmer, but for the same money i would prefer to employ someone who speaks English as a first language to avoid any language barriers/problems. Also, i am hoping to find someone who would enjoy doing this particular project, and i hope the 10% ownership will help encourage people to bid who perhaps would usually charge a lot of money. So this is a long-term part time position for someone who will work hard for their money, and wants the security of knowing exactly how much they will be being paid each week/month, for a job that could be quite enjoyable, and potential have huge long term benefits.
After this game is finished, it will require long-term maintenance/upgrades, but also we can start other games and apps at the same time.
Any questions please ask and i will answer personally or on the clarifications board.