Creation of a new social-network type of website intending to promote talent via a democratic vote from suscribers. The website would be mainly based on the open source « Pligg » but would have the feel of stumbleopen with a large dynamic banner.
It would be a digg-like website but numerous functionnalities would have to be added.
Technologies : Php/Mysql, Flash, Html-xhtml, CSS and Ajax.
The work in 3 steps :
2/integration of these newly designed elements into Pligg.
3/Development on additional functionalities.
Prerequisite : to be very knowledgeable in graphic design with strong experience in that field and creation of professional websites (Portal. Web 2.0 etc…) A portfolio is to be provided.
A layout (pre-design) and a list of websites will be provided in order to facilitate this part of the work. A logo is to be created among this new graphic identity.
Prerequisite : to be very familiar with CMS « Pligg » and the use of template files (.tpl) Same goes with CSS and design. If possible provide exemples of equivalent sites you’ve customised.
CMS is to be customised on the basis of the design in step 1.
3 / Additional developments.
Prerequisite : Strong experience in developing applications used in Web 2.0. (Php/mysql, Flash, Ajax)
In order to stand out from Digg-like websites, numerous functions must be added to the site and will need to be developed.
The main one is that content contrary to Digg will be hosted on the site. Media are of different types : picture / Video / Text and Audio and will be provided to the end user via a flash multimedia player.
The upload page must make it possible to choose the sub-category and define the media to be uploaded.
Other developments :
• Creation of a horizontal menu similar to Digg’s
• Ability to create sub-categories in the admin.
• Creation of exportable widgets representing rankings in the different categories.
• Creation of a profile preview bubble with simple rollover on the profile name.
• Ability to change rules as to how many votes trigger each type of behaviour from the site.
• Creation of an application that can send invites to suscribers’s contacts by browsing their hotmail / Yahoo … account (see facebook)
• Email notification engine to be created.
• Forum to integrate
Payment will be made in steps / validation to discuss with the freelancer chosen.
Paypal / Escrow
37 freelancers are bidding on average $3890 for this job