I am looking for a programmer/team to help create a web based social learning tool for elementary school students 6th grade to possibly 9th grade.
The goal of the project is a tool that will help students learn easily with fun and develop problem solving skills.
1. I want workspace almost similar to a computer game with a many graphical tools to help students create science based projects, define problems, analyze stuff, invite contributions from other members.
2. The idea is to offer visual learning & to add fun in the learning process by having them drag & drop objects, connect them to each other to indicate relationships , import images, videos, sounds & assemble them in a guided manner to end up with a meaningful graphical report.
3. For example a student could start a project on water pollution in USA:
o Enter data about water pollution data in text boxes
o Input some statistics
o Upload videos of water pollution
o Enter occurrences of water pollution
o Show parties involved in water pollution E.g. human error, poor environmental laws, affected fishes, affected plants,
o Show relationships between the parties involved
o Input recent occurrences of water pollution
o And so on…
[url removed, login to view] should be fun, organized & simple looking.
2. The tool will act as a template to help develop these projects
3. This can definitely be done with flash but I would rather have it in non-flash technology Major JQUERY, PHP, CSS, MySQL….
4. This tool will somewhat resemble a smaller & more fun version of Google wave - you might want to familiarize yourself with Google wave
5. It needs to flow smoothly - windows can be collapsed & opened up easily, it will need a lot of drag & drop & also will involve connecting objects to indicate relationships between objects
6. The tool needs to be very social to allow different members in the network to contribute/participate in a project by request.
7. The tool will have an interactive workspace & a set of tools such as simple animations, forms, vector stock images, maps, sounds, text, arrows, connectors, videos.
8. All these components will be used in 4 main stages of project development
9. Project can be saved at any time & a student can resume to a previously saved project easily.
EXAMPLE OF USE:
1. Student creates new account to join or logins in
2. Create a new project E.g. Water pollution in US
3. They can invite people to participate in the project
4. Other members can value their project by voting on it
5. In workspace area student can see past projects
6. Step 1 is to Create a Problem - here they register the problem as a distinct problem or a bunch of connected problems. They add objects such as photos, text, videos, sounds, charts to define problem……
7. Step 2 is to show events related to project - here they cite events relating to their project E.g. a table with a list of the last 10 major water pollution events in US (Photo, Title, Description)
8. Step 3 is to show relationships between the involved players - relationships are represented graphically by connecting lines between the objects E.g. human error leads to underground oil spill which causes death of aquatic life & plants which leads to no jobs for fishermen which leads to … and causes …..
9. Step 4 is to create a report with a suggested solution based on the research: here different components can be dragged into report space to construct a meaningful summary showing the problem, parties involves, relationships, and solutions
Please see attached sketches to get a visual of what I am looking for.
- Only serious bids, bidders must be experienced.
- In your bid give a clear overview of how you intend to perform the task & the technology you will use.
-Project budget cannot go much higher from selected limits
-Selected provider may be offered to provide maintenance
- Intelligent solutions will be given priority.
24 freelancers are bidding on average $4365 for this job
We have read your project description and additional project description very seriously. We are expert on AJAX, jQuery / Prototype, MySQL, PHP etc. Please refer our reviews to select a wining bidder. thanks.
Hello! We have a huge experience in creating various web-based systems and would be glad to provide our experts to you. Please, review your the PMB. Thanks.
Quality & Professional Work + Wow Designing + Documentation Before Starting Programming + Delivery on Given Time + Skilled Technical Team + Good Experience of market. Please see Private Message Board for more detail