I need a widget ready theme supporting "featured images" in latest wordpress with the following features -
1). Almost to look like the one at www#greatist#c#om
- Remove all the hash (##)
- Just look over the website.
2). Features - Logo and icons at top
- One colored backgorund (Ability to modify the background color via CSS coding etc. YOu have to teach me how to do that.)
- Logo and Category icons like at www#greatist#c#om
(You don't have to design the logo and category icons for this) Category icons are - Fitness, Health, Happiness etc.
- User can chose a category icon (by entering image url) for each wp category and User will also decide what categories will be displayed above the navigation menu besides the logo (right hand side).
- Pages will also have icons and user can include any page icon along with the category icons display as well.
- Sub categories and Sub pages display. When the user hovers on any category/page icon, a similar designed sub-menu appears like at www#greatist#c#om with thematic color for each category/page. It will be good if user can decide on the color for each category/page.
- Categories will show sub categories list and Pages will show sub pages.
Example for Fitness - Cardio, Exercise, Interval training etc.
3). Navigation menu
It will show pages that Admin wants shown. Not all pages will be displayed- only those that admin decides. I think this can be done by Page link manager plugin.
Will have social media icons and search bar at the top right in navigation menu.
4). Category wise strips
When the user clicks on a particlar category, all the posts from that category are displayed. in the similar way, for example look at www#greatist#c#om/happiness/
And before displaying each post, there will be a strip displaying color of the category and the name of the category. See "image 1".
5). Posts, text and sidebar
Posts, text and sidebar styles will be same like at www#greatist#c#om
- Display of posts on category pages will display thubmbnails of the post and then the post title and excerpts. See image 2. Display of posts on archives or home page will be similar.
- Posts style - Below each heading tag in the post text, a line will be displayed. Below the main heading of the post , author details and category will be displayed. See "image 3".
- Example -
Heading Is It OK to Work in bed ?
Author details and Category link
Sub-heading iWork in Bed - The Need to Know
- A line below the heading.
6). Footer like at www#greatist#c#om
User can change line - "Your guide to all things"
User can change headlines - Site information, Opportunities etc.
User can change the links under each category.
I can edit them on my own if you teach me what coding part needs edited for customization.
7). 2 sliders on homepage
2 sliders of the same style as on the front page of www#greatist#c#om
Admin should have an option to display these sliders or not.
8). One sitewide "sub-header"(product recommendation) like in image 4.
This sub-header will have a heading (that user can define) and has to be below the navigation menu and above the rest of the site. There has to be an arrow button to collapse and uncollapse the contents of the sub-header box.
Admin should have an option whether to display this "Product recommendation" sub-header or not and option to display with collapsed or uncollapsed by default. And of course option to enter the content of the sub-header box.
See attached images.