You are bidding to design the visual aspect of a website, to implement a pre-existing navigation scheme and to enable the website to draw upon a pre-existing mySQL database for page content and downloads. This will involve PHP and mySQL programming.
You are NOT bidding to implement search engines / payment systems, although if you do a good job on this part of the project we will offer you other parts of it, too.
The website must be very easy to use and there’s no need for complex visual design. Absolutely no flash/animation of any kind. It must be viewable on a wide range of browsers at a wide range of settings.
The website is an ecommerce site selling classical sheet music. The music is grouped together in “libraries”.
You will be designing the following areas of the website:
- the static content (the links, buttons and graphic elements that stay the same from page to page)
- the home/front page
- a “library” template page, listing all of the music books in a particular library
- a “book” template page, giving details of particular books of music and giving access to downloads
- a “card index” page (displaying, in a very simple form, data held in a mySQL table)
- a few very simple text-based info pages (contact, FAQ, editorial policy etc)
A mockup website demonstrating the navigation can be viewed at [url removed, login to view]~[url removed, login to view]
We have very specific ideas about the look & feel of the website, but, within that, there’s room for creativity. We have mockups of a possible look, which might prove a useful starting point.
You should be prepared to experiment with us a little bit, and to work through a few drafts.