We need an iOS LIVE video application. (examples are Facetime, Skype, Qik,
The difference here is that our LIVE video will be a one-way video feed. There will be a master iPad device, which will be capturing the video. Other iPad's can subscribe to this video feed and show the LIVE video.
We only need a shell application, single-view is fine with minimal controls, enough to test the implementation. We are going to drop this into our current app.
As far as I understand, this is how we are supposed to do this, but I leave that to you. I would prefer Peer-to-Peer without going through a server, but I don't think that is possible.
1. Get the x264 and ffmpeg open source library and compile it for iOS
2. Setup the camera delegate and using the captureOutput didOutputSampleBuffer capture the camera frames
3. Feed these frames to x264 libs and capture the h264 frames
4. Setup the audio services with "Audio Units" and record the audio and convert the recorded PCM audio into AAC using "Audio Converter" functions in iOS
5. Use UDP or TCP and send the audio/video to the server using BSD sockets or CFSocket functions.
6. Implement server side code to accept and receive the data (Needed as well, but have devs to help)
* iOS 5
* No XIB's, must code design into views programmically
* MVC Structure
* Ubuntu Server
* Nginx/PHP 5.3.5+