This project involves the development of an application used to inspect and evaluate quality of service. No matter what we do, consumers expect and deserve good service. The application should be geared towards measuring the performance of businesses or facilities from the consumers or customer’s point of view.
The company is in the business of analyzing and evaluating business performance. Strict guidelines and business “standards” are applied for every evaluation. The application should be able to incorporate the standards and calculate the results.
A complete system should contain the following components:
• A mobile application is to be used by the consultant for the purpose of gathering information.
• A management application is to be used to analyze, modify, and calculate the consultants’ work.
• A reporting or web portal is to be used to deliver the final report to the client or business unit.
A successful solution should be able to highlight the business’ strengths and weakness. Companies should be able to track their progress over time.
II. Project Solution
A successful solution should contain a mobile application and management console, working seamlessly together.
The mobile application will be used be the consultant for fact finding and information gathering. The consultant is to be onsite at the client’s business. Depending on the location, the consultant may or may not have internet access. The mobile application should be flexible enough to work offline.
The mobile application sole purpose is to collect data and send it to the central office. The consultant will perform the task:
• Collect business contact information: Business name, address, phone, etc.
• Answer a series of questions with yes – no - n/a responsesand provide comments to support the responses
• Take photos to support facts and findings
The management console will be used to manage and process the consultants’ work. An analyst should be able to view and modify the consultants’ work. Upon completion, the analyst should be able to make the report available online for the client to review. A printable version should also be made available.
The management console should contain the following components:
• Importer. The function will be used to import the consultants’ work.
• Editor. The function allows the analyst to review and modify the consultants’ work. In additions, the analyst should have the ability to calculate the results and delivery the completed report to the Web Portal for viewing.
• Users. This function allows the administrator to add users and define roles within the system. The four types of users are: super, analyst, consultants, and clients.
• Portal. This function is the client’s access to review the completed report. Clients will be given a login ID (email address).
• Reports. This functionality is to be used by the analyst to review all reports within the system.