We need to produce a website to control a p.o. box business, in which customers pay to receive packages in a U.S. P.O. box, and then they get it imported to their country (mostly Mexico).
First phase of the project is very small, we need the following functionality
1. Security (users, permissions management): there will be two kinds of users: customers and workers. Customers can be created only by workers with a special role assigned (customers creation). We need to provide a role for every section of the system in order to easily include/exclude users access to sections.
2. Customers management: workers will have to create new customers by filling a few fields, and uploading some digitalized document.
3. Incoming packages tracking: when a package for a specific p.o. box is received, it is recorded in the system, together with sender, package type. weight information.
4. Outgoing packages tracking: when a customer goes for his package, it must be creade a checkout document, and recorded the exit event.
5. Customers page (packages list, options): Customers will hace access to a very skinny portal, with the list of packages waiting to be picked up, historic of operations, general system options
6. Pricing management (very basic: cents per pound for storage, and for shipment): the pricing must be manageable from workers associated with a special role. They can move costs, and choose when it will become available a new price.
There is a few desiderata that make the project more interesting:
1. We would like to download tracking information from UPS, USPS, DHL, FEDEX websites whith the tracking number, in order to avoid a lot of capture
2. Users can share account with up to N co-users, notifications will be broadcast to all co-users
We need the project to be programmedeither in JAVA EE or PHP, using a Mysql Database.
App must be organized in 3 layers.