This project is ideal for those who have worked on programming photographic or other art sales sites with social media features. Ideally you should have experience in:
- PHP, Java or Ruby on Rails (5 yrs+);
- Linux Servers with MySQL databases (5 yrs+);
- Secure connections and encryption;
- Developing Social Media Sharing and Ranking APIs (3 yrs+);
- Project-oriented software engineer and application designer (3 yrs+);
- Advanced search features, including keyword Datamining algorithms.
- Experience in Photographic/Art Portfolio Site Design and Implementation preferred.
Below is a brief project description. We have a good idea of how it should work. But we want someone who can work with us to implement the best design.
API - Main Features:
- User/Image popularity ranking (based on ratings, and purchases on the system);
- Searchable, tagged user-created sales database for unlimited user images in varying sizes, similar to [url removed, login to view];
- Automatic watermarking of images prior to purchase, similar to [url removed, login to view];
- Image rating algorithm, based on user comments, with site admin override possible;
- Image safety filter for users viewing and for designating safety of images (mature content) plus admin override, like [url removed, login to view];
- Shopping cart for purchasing image prints or downloads, like [url removed, login to view];
- Public and Private project assignment posting, with bidding and project message board, similar to [url removed, login to view];
- Hot subjects keyword mining and presentation from art assignments data and external websites;
- Homepage presentation similar to [url removed, login to view] (psds and further design details to be provided by us);
- Implement Size Requirements/limits for various print sizes, similar to Zazzle.com.
- Implement upload limits for users of lower popularity/rank, absent paid registration (freemium model) similar to [url removed, login to view];
- Royalty scheme for payment to users for sales of images/prints, similar to Zazzle.com.
• You will provide source code and documentation so all current and future developers can understand and support the code;
• Intellectual property must freely pass to Buyer via unrestricted license (also, no lingering Copyleft, non-open source issues);
• Programmer should be detail-oriented and prepared to iterate tweaks.
Payment is in milestones, through escrow. To discuss details further, please contact me via the Project Message Board. Thanks for your consideration.