The background of this project.
I hired a freelancer to build the site.
The freelancer carried out some of the work, however requested money from me and in good faith I paid. He completed the site its current state but hasn’t ‘had time’ to complete the final amendments the client requests.
Please could you kindly assist me in completing these final changes and I will be forever grateful and of course would pay you for it.
If you need anything further details or [url removed, login to view] request and I will provide it ASAP. Please could you endure that the site details are kept confidential. WE WILL ONLY CONSIDER BIDS WITH 100% FEEDBACK
THE SITE IS ALMOST COMPLETE OTHER THAT THESE LAST FEW THINGS BELOW. THE SITE NEEDS TO BE FINISHED THIS WEEK! ONCE THE BID IS RECIEVE AND WE HAVE CHECK YOUR FEEDBACK WE WILL SEND YOU THE URL ETC..
This is a shortlist of some of the points. Please also look at the ones I sent previously
When you're in front of comp with website up I can expanciate on each point and explain in more detail. Let me know the best time to call. Will mAybe take about 20 mins to clarify the things I've sent so far. Hopefully this should be the majourity of major issues.
Page links eg client gallery, stock lace wigs How to insert images on pages and format Where have home page images come from Why are pages changing randomly? Dynamic?
How to insert forms eg restoration page, gift voucher page etc Prices in drop down menu changing according to length How to determine the price of products and where they are imputed Realign image for visit client Align paragraphs on home page , no gaps between words and right hand panel A list lace hair worldwide spelling errors, can't amend? Seems to be an image file A list in the media title on right panel, can't amend headings Include good salon guide banner Close spacing between boxes in home page Inc right panel spaces
Home page metatags and links? Where do they go? The ones I entered are incomplete Edit contact us page cant add image ie map of where we are?
Shopping basket link doesn't work. How do customers view shopping basket Rewards page is linking to colourchart? How do you change where pages are linking?
Stock lace wigs is linking to homepage?
Help and contact button at the top is linking to login page How to edit client gallery images?
Where is straight curly wavy menu for in stock wigs? This option is there for custom and celebrity style but not in stock.
Home>information pages why?
Products are not linking to paypal, how are purchases made?
Where are emails on contact us page going?
Mailing list? Has this function been tested?
How to edit products in different categories? Some have full form details other catgories don't Layout straight, curly, wavy how to format pages ie put text before products and straight curly wavy options
There were a couple of things that came up during our meeting yesterday with regards to how the site functions and making amendments. You made notes of most the questions I had as you were unable to answer/resolve them yourself, but just to reiterate I have noted some of them below. Please also bear in mind that as I start trying to fill in the blanks on the site there will no doubt be other issues/questions that may arise as I go along and these will also need to be explained/clarified as and when.
1. There are some pages that ought to be linking to existing pages as they are one and the same. for example the client gallery button that runs along the top panel on the site is the same page as both the client gallery Full lace wigs" pages that appear on the left hand panel. It should also be the same link as the click here to view our client gallery box which appears in the second box on the home page next to the image of the lady having a facial. I was able to apply a link to this page on the back end and it functions, but I can't figure out how to make pages link to one a
1. There are some pages that ought to be linking to existing pages as they are one and the same. for example the client gallery button that runs along the top panel on the site is the same page as both the client gallery Full lace wigs" pages that appear on the left hand panel. It should also be the same link as the click here to view our client gallery box which appears in the second box on the home page next to the image of the lady having a facial. I was able to apply a link to this page on the back end and it functions, but I can't figure out how to make pages link to one another. This is quite important as there are a few pages on the site that are simply duplicates or quick links to other pages. Another example would be the stock full lace wigs button along the top panel is the same as in stock full lace wigs page along the left column of pages. I won't list them all as I presume once you explain how this is achieved I will be able to do it myself to other relevant pages.
2. While showing me how to edit the content on the pages you attempted to insert an image in to the lace wig restoration and revitalisation page. It didn't work at the time and you weren't able to explain why. I believe you took note of this as insert image on most of the pages is something I will need to do when filling in the blanks. Almost all the content on all the pages will include an image or two as they won't all be just text information. Please confirm how. To insert images as the way you showed me didn't seem to work.
3.I managed to figure out where the products on the homepage have come from. But can you explain a simple way of selecting the products displayed and making the what I want. The featured products. In the product catalogue menu and the other were under different categories listed in the design control -template manager edit menu at the bottom where there's the option to select modules for catalog index page. How do I change the options in these modules?
4. The images displayed on the home page also appear to change randomly every time you refresh the page. You mentioned your understanding was the index page is supposed to be "dynamic" and didn't know how to make the images fixed or even establish how the are selected. As I explained the pictures changing are no good for me. Of course I need to be able to change which products we are promoting on the home page at anytime but I can't have these images changing themselves at random especially if I can't determine which products it selects. please explain how to turn this "dynamic" option off.
5. How to insert forms for example the lace wig repair and restoration page and the gift voucher page will replicate the pages on the old site. Both of which include forms and payment buttons. Please explain how I would include a form on these pages as the pages will not be just text pages.
Prices in drop down menu changing according to length
How to determine the price of products and where they are imputed
Realign image for visit client
Align paragraphs on home page , no gaps between words and right hand panel
A list lace hair worldwide spelling errors, can't amend? Seems to be an image file