I need you to implement a real-time chat script into my existing code. I don't want flash or JAVA, only jquery or ajax, there are several scripts available online that you can use. I also have one that I've been trying to get to work, but no luck and I'm going to need a lot of customization to any chat script you find, because we have a unique site.
The idea, is a "User" will purchase minutes at our web site to talk with advisors. Once they purchase the minutes, they are allowed to enter the live chat screen with a reader... I will create all the other components to the site (most are already done). You will only need to integrate the live chat portion and a couple other things listed below.
Once you integrate the live chat software, it will need to be able to have the following features:
- As soon as the user enters the chat page, they should see in the chat box... "Please wait... your advisor will be with you shortly..."
- If advisor takes too long, there should be a button to "Cancel Session" which will take them back to readers list
- Timer countdown, showing the amount of minutes the user has left in their account, on both the User and Reader chat screens
- But, Timer only starts when READER starts typing, this makes sure the reader is paying attention and none of the user's minutes are wasted
- Send a "Beep" to the reader when a user has entered chat (this will be done thru the floating notifier window, see below)
- A button to "Close Chat" or "end Session". This will stop the timer and prevent any more minutes from being used.
- When user exist the chat or closes it, the time lapsed should be deducted from the user's minutes in the mysql table
- After chat session ends, the user should be able to download a text version of their chat
- If their minutes run out, the chat is "disabled" by greying the window and not allowing any more typing. They should see a button to buy more minutes or End Session. The user should be given 5 minutes to purchase more minutes before the chat is ended.
- If the session ends, the reader should be able to still type, but they should also see a message "User's minutes are up! Waiting for user to purchase more..."
Floating Notifier Window:
This will be a little window that the reader can keep open while browsing other sites. I can create most of the information in this window, such as the current chat requests, and links to their account and such, but I'll need you to create some sort of "real-time beeper" so that it checks for incoming chat requests and notifies them with a "Beep" and then shows it up on the screen. "Username is requesting to chat with you, click here"
The floating window may also be duplicated on a bigger page as their "control Panel". They will click a link somewhere to "open notifier window - so you can browse anywhere" or whatever we call it.
There may be other small features that we need to add, or I forgot (it's late) but the major parts are in here, I assure you. And as always I will make sure you are paid for any extra work you do.
We're looking for a talented javsacript, ajax, jquery professional who speaks clear English and can get this project done Quickly, but not sacrificing Quality or Attention to detail.
Looking forward to your bids!