This project is 2 fold. The first being an email invitation system and the second being updates to an existing website / Facebook application. Both are detailed below:
In preparation for beta testing, we need to build a simple email invitation system which is integrated with Facebook. This will require strong skills in Facebook APIs. The system will being with a list of 50 people (provided by us) that will receive an invite to the site. Through the email, users must be able to access their friend list and upon selecting them will send the same email to 3 people. Users then get a code or password to use the site for free (see below regarding Payment). I estimate that this part should take about 7 hours.
We currently have a fully functioning website application but it needs some minor adjustments before we can beta test. We also have a brief list of functionality changes, highlights of which include:
* Add a progress bar / loading page to the home page after sign in and the select all page
* Photo thumbnail downloads from social media site - download the thumbnails from FB to save loading time.
* Database back-end for order detail storage - currently app stores orders on the server in an "orders" folder. This must be transferred to DB storage
* Enable $0 orders for beta testing (via PayPal or otherwise) - Users need to be able to enter a promo code to bypass PayPal and use the software for free. This code must be randomized and emailed upon successful completion of invite
* Enable logout button that clears cookie(s) and returns user to home page - simple link that allows users to log out at top of site
* Add link to home at bottom of each page - simple link at bottom that returns users to home page
* Enhance Facebook "Like" button - currently the like button does not link to a fan page and that is a problem. Also would like to change the script to include profile picture under like button (Facebook provides this code and we have a fan page created)
* Add pop-up for a timed out session - currently users are returned home if they take too long to hot continue or select all. Need simple pop up to alert them "they have been timed out for security reasons, please sign in again"
This part of the project should take about 6 hours