I've got a membership website launching on Feb 20th and need to get an affiliate program in place asap to start recruiting affiliates.
Members pay a monthly membership fee depending on the price they signed up at.
So far, it is all custom built in PHP and MySQL. There is a "rewards" module in place where members can refer people using a tracking URL. After a referred member's trial period ends, the referring member gets some money or a gift card.
But a rewards program won't be enough. I was given some strong advice that I need an affiliate program. I want to keep the rewards program in place for everyday users, but for affiliates, I will give them a recurring percentage of the sale.
I purchased a 3rd party affiliate script called Post Affiliate Pro.
[url removed, login to view]
There is a user guide and demo link on that page.
I have already installed it on my site... but it needs to be integrated so that when a member pays (or a cron job initiates a recurring payment), the affiliate is paid out at that percentage. The commission will be paid on a recurring basis as long as the member stays a member. Post Affilate Pro handles all this, but it needs to be integrated.
Members pay with 2 different payment methods: paypal & credit card. My site uses the PayPal IPN system to keep track of paying paypal members.
How it needs to work:
- A member can't have a reward cookie and affiliate cookie at the same time... I don't want to pay a commission twice.
- Affiliates will not necessarily be members of site -- so no need to integrate that.
- I will be using the recurring commission feature wherein the commission percentage gets paid out each month as long as the referred member stays a member -- 45%
- I will be using a 2-tier affiliate setup, where an affilate earns a percentage of all sales made by referred affiliates. This commission is paid monthly as well -- 5%
- if a member cancels, the associated commission needs to be canceled (if that member was referred by an affiliate)
- The commission accrues only when payment is made -- not during trial period. If there is a way to show a pending commission and then cancel if the member cancels before paying, that would be great.
- Another programmer is adding functionality for members to buy additional services. I don't want commissions to be paid on these purchases.
- I'm guessing you'll need to modify one or more cron jobs that handle the recurring billing for different payment methods. When a paypal payer cancels, I think notification goes to the paypal IPN script.
I need this as soon as possible. The winning bidder needs to have this working and tested within 48 hours.