1) create two or more table that will define the table and settings for load the data (grid metadata table):
-- database table for the table object:
-- name of table, table enable search, view delete, insert, etc
-- Database table columns obj:
-- name of table column, column resize, sort,data type, length, nullable,view, insert, delete, rows to display, etc.
-- be able to make use of list of values assigned to column for data select when table is load, etc
2) Must have error checking before saving records(server and client side). with error msg
3) Must strip special chars appropriately for database security (server and client side)
4) Client-side sorting resizing,column display/hide, freeze column (optional), tc.
5) Server-side insert, delete, update etc.
6) Also must have a function to display query results in grid by just one call. IE: displaygrid(sqlstatement)
7) Easy CSS file for changing grid layout
8) Easy setup on server with instructions and example
9) one record should be able to span more than 1 row and rows should be collapsable. IE: data for an object in row one and comments in rows 2 -x where the comments can be hhidden by click on the + image. This should also be a configurable option in the metadata grid table.
10) Use these two grid meatadata tables as an example by creating an admin for for setting up grids to display. After automatically loading the metadata data for the grid. I would have to go in and edit the settings using the grid.
Basically the main function is to call a function and pass the [url removed, login to view] table's metadata is loaded into the grid as grid metadata. IE: the table name, default settings for grid functionality, The table column names, datatype, size, required(null allowed), default functionalities. I would then display these two grids to make changes as needed to get the grid to display the tabledata and the grid functions as needed.
I am looking for an experienced freelancer that has done plenty of projects. I am creating a large project and will be wanting to continue a relationship.