Joomla - Modifying existing component
A) Copy existing functionality
I wish to copy some original routines from the existing component because I do not want to modify the original source code.
A.1) Copy an existing component page / view so that the original one will remain as is. The 'new' page/view will access the same table and records. See attached pdf file pages 1 and 2. The existing functionality (sortable, select records, filters, toggle field values) in this page / view is to remain. The actual fields / columns being displayed will be changed but will be from the same table.
A.2) Similar to A.1, above, copy the existing form to leave the original one as is. The copied form will be minimised so that less fields are displayed.
A.3) The following functions / buttons should continue to work from the original page/view
- send email to selected records
- delete selected records
- add new use record
- edit selected record
A.4) Copy the "export user records to a CSV file" to a new "export routine". The exported fields will change but will come from the same table.
B) Add new functionality
B.1) Allow for mass editing of the user records from the view/page on pages 1,2 of the attached pdf by selecting multiple records and pressing an edit button. See pages 3 & 4 of the attached pdf file.
B.2) Add a new button to mass export records based on those records selected.
- the selected records will be exported to another database
- records will be copied across with less than five new fields being calculated at export time based on the existing field information such as date of export, fees owing, user exporting, fee 1 + fee 2 = total fee
- creation of new records in the target database based on the record information. In total there will be less than 4 tables (in one database) being created.
- no syncronisation is required - just the creation of new records.
- Those records being exported will be updated with an exported status field set, the export date and user name of the admin exporting the records.
- Records exported cannot be exported a second time unless the 'exported' field has been manually changed.
- Should a record be exported more than once, the export date and user name should be over written. There is no need to create an archive.
B.3) Create a configuration / parameters page to control the export database name, sever name (or localhost), user id and user password that have access to create new records in the export table. The password field should be hidden and have password and confirm password fields when editing / updating the parameters.
C) Other points
C.1) This should be available in both the back end and front end supporting Joomla 1.5 and 1.6. The configuration page should not be available on the front end.
C.2) For the front end fonts, colours, etc. should be controlled through CSS defaulting to the in-use templates values.