We are running an online competition from within the customer’s Magento account page. The competition will run over 4-5 weeks and will consist of a number of questions being asked which require the participant to enter a valid answer to continue. A good level of security is needed to prevent answers leaking or being hacked and to that end we are leaning towards using Magento’s database to pass secure information to and from the page. We are, however, open to suggestions on the best way to achieve this. There will be 8-10 questions culminating in a “Congratulations” page.
Listed below are the requirements for this project:
• Text input field
• Entry checked against value (stored in Magento database)
• If incorrect indicate failure and send failure email (including section number as subject and the incorrect answer as the message) to us, the “reply to” address taken from customer account page
• If correct indicate success then reveal new section and send success email (containing section number) to us, the “reply to” address taken from customer account page
• On completion of a section a variable is passed to the database that can be checked when the page loads, ensuring that the participant does not have to start from the beginning when returning to the page.
• Ideally each section, including the question and text input field would be contained within Magento static blocks, so that we can retain control of content.
• Needs to be iOS compatible
N.B. All work to be carried out and tested on our dev site and moved onto the live environment once fully tested. It is imperative that any database integration does not damage or affect existing data or functionality.