All of the desired functionality, ease of use and basic look and feel can be seen at:
[url removed, login to view]
We need a program that looks very similar and works almost exactly like that software, and with ALL of the features in place on the zazzle mouse pad creator. Also desirable is for this to work in Internet Explorer, FireFox and Opera, and for it to be platform-independent (MS/Mac/Linux, etc)
1. We need to have a fixed MASK layer with the template shape of our mugs being transparent. All user images and text should be on layers UNDER the template mask.
2. We need an admin suite to be able to upload additional template/Mask files as new products become available. Right now we have travel mugs and water bottles, each needing it's own basic template shape. These are the "BASIC" shapes. When first starting, the Get Started dialog box needs to have "Select Product" added just above the Select Image prompt.
3. We also want to be able to add themed templates for things like Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Christmas, etc. for each of the product template shapes. For the user, the functionality needs to be the same as the "Add Images" in the zazzle software. So, an additional "Select Template" tab needs to be added to the right-hand "Customize It" pane, so the tab labels would be: Select Template, Add Images, and Add Text. Only the templates associated with the selected Product should be available to choose from. So, if I select the Travel Mug product, only templates for that size/shape would be displayed.
3. We offer this software for FREE to our customers, and the output required is a PDF file that can be printed or downloaded by the user. So, rather than an "Add to Cart" button, we need a Print button. Once printed, the user cuts along the template shape and it must fit exactly into our mugs and bottles.
4. The tab that reads Mousepad Options should change to Tips and Ideas, and we will provide the images and text for that pane.
5. The Orientation feature needs to be removed.
6. "Product View" would show the template mask, and "Design View" would hide the mask.
7. When saving, the login prompt would need to use the customer's OSCommerce login info, and we would need to specify a directory where user-projects may be stored. It would be best if user-files were stored in separate sub-directories (customers_id number would be great). If this is too much of a problem or if it would cost a lot for this, then we would just want to remove the Save feature.
8. The "Safe Area" mask needs to be the same as the BASIC template shape selected by the user. So, when adding new Basic Templates from the admin, a field would be needed to upload the Safe Area file as well.
9. Minor text changes here and there to suit our specific needs.
DESIRABLE BUT NOT CRITICAL MODIFICATIONS (cost will determine whether or not we go ahead with these):
1. When creating the PDF, a text watermark needs to be added to the file. We will start with just the site url, but need to be able to change it from admin if required. It would be nice if the text had a contrasting outline. For example, if we use black text it would have a white outline. That way, if the watermark ends up on top of the same color as the text, it would still be visible.
2. The Post for Sale feature needs to add the product to a new User Templates category in the osc store that we will create. We will also create sub-categories so the user needs to be able to select from existing sub-categories under the main User Templates category. Mods to osc would need to be made so that customer accounts would have the ability to administer the products they've posted, to see how much they have in their account, and to request payment. A "Redeem" feature would also need to be added to the osc checkout if a customer wants to use their credits for product purchase. Also, the admin would need to be able to monitor/administer sales of customer templates.