We're looking for a system to track parcels and manage delivery routes.
The current workflow is als follows:
- at night the new routes are defined for the next day. Address/barcode labels are printed and route tables/signature lists are printed.
- in the morning each driver gets his route table / signature list and the label stickers. The driver labels the parcels and scans them when they are loaded into his van. It is also possible that he picks up a parcel on his route and delivers it later in the route or returns with it to the warehouse.
- the driver delivers the parcel and requires a name and signature from the receiver. He scans the parcel and marks it as being delivered.
- Planning & management staff: planning routes and adding/editing parcels
- Drivers & warehouse staff: staff handling the parcels
- Recipients: the destination and final recipient of a parcel.
- Clients: the organisation that is the actual sender of the parcels.
- Recipient (destination)
- Clients (sender)
- Parcel: a single parcel with a specific destiny and a specific status
- Payment: some parcels need to be paid for.
- Route: a route consists of parcels with specific recipient/destination information and transit times - routes can be changed on the fly.
We think the system should consist of:
Management website (Ajax-style webapp - secured by username/password)
- create/manage routes (add parcels/addresses to a speficic route and timetable, allocate route to van/driver).
- create/manage parcels and delivery details, send e-mail to recipient and client (your parcel is being prepared for transport, you can expect it at <planned delivery time>... - track your parcel at: <link to tracking info>)
- print labels with barcode and delivery details.
- show current status of routes/parcels (what parcels are delivered at what time).
- poll driver app for current GPS location and show current status of routes and vans on Google Map.
- send messages to specific driver or all drivers.
- generatie overviews / management information (per client, per period, per parcel status)
- generate recipient lists with signatures
- manage drivers/clients (create, edit, delete, change username/password)
Driver & warehouse app (Android app - secured by username/password)
- scan barcode via Android camera and set parcel status (states: to be picked up, not available, to be delivered, delivered + signed, delivered + not signed, delivery not possible: none at home, delivery not possible: refused, delivery not possible: no payment, delivery not possible: too late)
- add delivery time (other expected delivery times will be adapted to changes in earlier deliveries)
- get name and signature when delivered
- change payment status (no payment, to be paid, paid by cash, paid by card)
- add information when delivery fails
- send/receive messages from/to management
- send current GPS position (after polling request is received)
Tracking link for external parties:
- both clients (senders) and recipients can track their parcel(s) by clicking on a link or filling in a form.
Recipients can see the actual status of the parcel and the expected delivery time (search on parcel number and postcode)
Clients/senders can see the actual status of all their packages, the destination address and the expected delivery time. (secured by username and password).
- server-side software preferably on PHP/MySQL5 server configuration
- export data to xls/csv for backup purposes
- design based on CSS template
- iteraterative development with frequent review & feedback sessions
BIDDERS WITHOUT ANY FEEDBACK AND HIGH BID PRICES WILL BE IGNORED