Please don't waste my time unless you are a
- Perfectionist that require minimal guidances, someone that pays attention towards even very small detail of the projects. Such as even just captitalizing the first character of a word, I hate it when people don't do that!
- Highly skilled programmer - I don't want you to hand me a piece of code and I'm able to find 20 bugs/exploits on it. You should be able to code efficiently with PHP/MySQL.
- Smart - I want someone that's able to come up with solutions and solve problems on their own. If some simple instructions are missing, just use your brain and THINK! Don't come to me with billion of stupid questions.
- High level of English - Whatever I say I don't want to rephrase it again and again for you to understand.
- Patience is very important - We want to produce a perfect website, you will need to change whatever is not perfect, so if you are not a perfectionist/careful person to begin you will find me telling you to make changes to alot of things.
- Close timezone to GMT+10 so we can communicate through IM most of the time.
Your job is to fix up the terrible/inefficient coding from the previous freelancer I hired, we are building a local directory script in PHP where users can add their business listing in the database, and there will be a search engine where user can enter the postcode or suburb to find businesses. Most codes are completed, but there are many bugs that needs to be addressed. We will also need to add a Google Map to the search results page.
So mainly the jobs invlolves:
- Rework the business registration script
- Rework database structure, its inserting too many useless entries right now
- Add google maps to the search results page
- Anything thats under the scope of adding and search a business needs to be made perfect
Several other scripts on the site is yet to be completed, if you do a good job we can discuss about that.