We need a php script to fetch the result of the "View new posts" feature of IPB, vBulletin, phpBB and SMF forums.
Workflow should be:
User registeres (with email confirmation) -> User sets up authentication (user + password) for X number of forums -> User is sent to a page, which refreshes automatically in X minutes or manually by clicking a button, where he finds the first X (configurable) thread names (with some details) of the forums that he registered. Entries would be grouped for each forum. -> User clicks on a thread and in a new window he is redirected to the forum, displaying the thread.
- The user sould also get an indication if he has any unread private messages in his inbox.
- User details and preferences should be stored in the MySQL database.
- If several users register the same forum, then the results of the periodical "View new posts" for that forum will be cached in the MySQL database.
- User should have the option to display the new threads of all his registered forums in a single list, sorted by age (newest first).
- It would be nice if the UI used Ajax