I am looking for a web developer who can develop a private, social e-learning website. Some things that the website will be able to do:
1. Members can create an account
2. Members can select a range of classes, divided by categories, which can be paid for via Paypal. Access to classes is automatic once payment is done.
3. Members have access to a site-wide forum
4. Members can access each member's profile -- the profile has a simple message board, twitter board, and contact details & RSS (website, blog, etc) plus an option to show what classes they have previously taken (like a badge of completion when one completes a challenge) plus current classes / wishlists. Once a member logs in, they are taken to their profile.
1. A class should have it's own private space, where customizations can be made (banners, colors, etc)
2. Teachers can easily put up their own materials for learning: podcasts, videos, PDF downloads, instructions, etc.
3. Each class should have their own image gallery and forum.
Hierarchy of admin:
1. Administrator (Overall control + approving classes)
2. Web Admin (Preparing classroom, etc)
3. Class admins (able to control and edit classrooms)
4. Tutors (Able to monitor classrooms – deleting inappropriate comments, etc)
For freelancers who PM me, please state:
1. Your portfolio(s)
2. What CMS/platform will you use to implement the above project, and why.
Please note that we will also want to include a private chat function within each class.
An example website would be http://bigpictureclasses.com. We are interested in doing something like this.