I need multiple changes made to my highly-customized OsCommerce store. If you do it well, I will have a ton of work for you in the future.
The store URL is www.glass#$of#$venice#$.com (just remove the #$). Attached Word document contains more details, here is what I need at a glance.
1. General considerations
• I am a programmer in the past and will review your code. Do not create dirty patches, do it right. If I just needed to install a couple of MODs and fix cosmetics, I would have done it myself. I need you to test everything you do inside-out. And when you are sure you tested everything and it works fine, TEST AGAIN!
• No Payments and no escrow until the work is finished. Check my feedback – I pay promptly as long as you deliver. I need a stable responsible IT partner for long-term relationship.
• You will create a copy of the Production database, and call it glassofv_oscDEV. This AND ONLY THIS is the database where you develop. Then you will create a folder /DEV under root, change htaccess and configs, and point it to the DEV database. This will create the development environment. This is where you will develop and test your code. You will never touch the code or database in Production unless I test and approve the change to be migrated. Only after my approval, you will migrate the change(s) to Production. If you like, you can develop on your own server and then sync with this DEV environment so that I can test.
• Every change you make, you will put two comments, one before and one after, like this “// Change by <YOUR NAME> on <DATE>, and what the change is for”
• I will put this file on Google Docs and we will share it. For every byte of code you change, you will update this document with the line numbers where you made the changes for each file you touched. For example: /[url removed, login to view]: 10, 202-213, 500-550
• No bid is accepted unless you state in your reply “I have read and agree with all items under “General considerations” section in the Project Description document attached to this project.
HERE IS WHAT I NEED YOU TO DO:
2. CCGV contribution
The MOD was installed a while ago and there has been modifications to it since then. I need you to upgrade to the latest version, then test everything, especially the gift vouchers. I need users to be able to buy and use gift vouchers, i.e. full gift voucher functionality of CCGV mod. As a user, I need to be able to buy and send a gift voucher. As a recipient of the voucher, I need to be able to pay (partially or in full) with the voucher, and see what the remaining balance is. We will discuss cosmetics when we get the mechanics to work.
The coupons and rewards points portion of the MOD works fine but after you upgrade, you need to retest everything again and again, including coupons and points.
This is the contribution you will install first and fully test. After that, I will test it, We will fix all issues, and then move it to Production. When this is done, we will proceed with the other changes. I can give you 20% of the total $ when this one is done.
3. Edit address in address book
This page was broken and when I fixed it, it would not populate the list of states. The reason is that I have the Active countries contrib installed but whoever installed it did not do it on [url removed, login to view] page. Take the Active countries address logic from [url removed, login to view] or [url removed, login to view]
4. Categories descriptions
[url removed, login to view] - I need same functionality like this. I.e. I need to be able to define descriptions for categories. You will need to add an extra field to categories_description table and call it “categories_desc_text” and make it type “longtext”, null by default. Alter the categories php page to include the text from this field if there is text in this field (nothing if there is no text). When you test, make sure I can keep html in this field (links, etc). Also alter the admin piece so that I can enter categories descriptions via the admin interface (/admin/[url removed, login to view]).
5. order tracking
I had some pieces of the order tracking mod ([url removed, login to view]) installed but you need to reinstall it and make sure it works correctly. I need a cron run every 6 hours and I need customer to log on to their account and to be able to view up-to-date package tracking information for each of their orders on my website, not the link to tracking page on USPS of FedEx in the e-mail. As stated before, this mode has already been installed.
6. [url removed, login to view]
I need to put a survey on this page. Survey will have 8 questions and dropdowns/textareas to fill in. The details are in the attached document. Use the e-mail function same as in ”[url removed, login to view]” to send the results (if they enter anything) to my e-mail address. Create a button “Submit survey” with the same functionality as “Continue” button that is already there. Put the button right below the survey in the middle of the page.
If there is nothing to send – then do not send me an e-mail. When they click “Continue”, check if they answered any questions in the survey and if yes - simply send us an e-mail using same function as in ”[url removed, login to view]”.
Format should be like:
1) How did you find our website? - Google Search
2) Did it take you one or more visits… - 2-3 visits
7. [url removed, login to view]
When the order total is over $100, I have free shipping but need to also give the client ability to choose from the faster, paid options. When the order is less than 100, the current functionality has to stay the same. Screenshots in the document attached.
8. Order Editor Issue
I have order editor mode installed. When I go to order editor to change order details, say, add or remove a product, the updated total never includes USPS Shipping Insurance charges in it. Need to fix this.
I will need you to do some other minor touch-ups and fix little things here and there in addition to this.