We are a newly formed Australian based business who are looking to enter the on-line marketplace with a new product.
Added 13 OCT 2011, 2:40 AM EDT
We are looking for a Web Developer / Designer who will be responsible for the design, development and deployment of custom software applications. Here's what you need to know.
- Review business requirements working with other team members. We will provide the layout and business requirements that the web application will need to follow. You will advise what products and technologies are best suited to achieve this, taking into account cost, scalability, industry relevance, etc. We do not have a hosting contract at the moment, so your involvement would be from the ground up. We predict that the site will have in the range of 10 to 20 separate pages that users can traverse.
- Site Design - Ideally, you can conceptualize, design, and develop the User Interface/User Experience as well as the overall look and feel of web pages. Create designs including sketches, visual design mock-ups, visual assets and documentation required for proper implementation (Elance experience and references / professional profile a must). If you are an awesome web programmer with no web design skills you should still apply and we can negotiate the terms;
- Perform a technical analysis of requirements;
- Produce a solid, detailed technical design;
- Write clean, modular, robust code to implement the desired requirements with little or no supervision;
- Work with the QA and Customer Support teams to triage and fix bugs with rapid turnaround;
- Contribute ideas for making the application better and easier to use.
- 3-5 years of programming experience;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- A work style that is extremely detail oriented;
- The drive, flexibility and passion to work independently and thrive in a remote-work environment;
- Strong communication skills - Must speak fluent English, Cantonese or Mandarin. Regular phone conversations will be held through each of the project phases (Skype, Gmail Talk, etc). Before the contract is awarded a phone conversation is necessary (interview). You need to be able to articulate your ideas clearly as you will have a lot of control in the project
10 freelancers are bidding on average $965 for this job
Hi, We are interested in this project and wish to pursue this project. We have extensive experience on required skills. Please check my PM for further details. Thanks, I A Rizvi