This project is to clone the functionality (not the look) of [url removed, login to view], a rails site. In a nutshell, this is a Ruby-on-Rails based portal site for American police.
I need a clone of its functionality. That means I need the:
- Myspace/Facebook like social networking features.
- The CMS for news stories and articles
- A video section that categorizes flash-videos ala YouTube/etc
- A picture gallery that categorizes pictures into albums
- A forum system that supports sigs, bbcode, emoticons, etc.
- ACL lists for the users, so we can control who does what by type of user or by specific user name.
- CMS needs to support 'gear' stuff.
I'm doing the visual design of the site, I need the backend up and running. Basically, I'm going to rip your pretty PHP apart and add my own frontend, so the code needs to be:
- PHP 5 compatible. As in, it BETTER WORK ON PHP 5.
- Modular. Put your SQL calls in a function, so I don't have to change 200 mysql_open(); statements.
- All frontend code written as <?php stuff(); ?>
If the code comes back as a major spaghetti, you're redoing it.
This project is simple, but I simply don't have the time for it. Which means someone gets to make a little money.
Oh, and boys... When it asks for a bid? Put an actual bid. Any firm giving a little ad will be laughed at. Its a bid.