Our development team has already develop a hotel booking system solution with some other extended capabilities as much as concern the content of any hotel web site. In order to achieve this we have use Microsoft WCF to develop a list of web methods with which we have develop an admin and front end with adobe flex. At that point we have faced a lot of problems regarding the SEO capabilities of the flex web sites. Some of the clients requested from us to deliver them a SEO friendly CMS in order to be listed to higher places to google and to other search engines. So we came out with the idea of using a wide spread solution as wordpress and develop some custom plug ins in order to port all our application there.
1. Booking plug in: This will be a separated page to word press from where the user will insert his search criteria (dates, num of nights, adults, children, number of rooms) after that the plug in will have to display all the results to a different page or at the same page based on the design. From that point the user will have to proceed with the steps till the end and complete the booking and get his voucher. For that we will have also to integrate some payment gateway integration.
a. Admin part:: from the admin part the site admin will be able to chose among the 2-3 display options as much as concern the results of the bookings. He also will be able to check all bookings and the bookings details
b. Sidebar: the user will be able to add to his sidebar of every page the booking form control in order to give the ability to the users to check the availability and book. After the user set up the criteria to that form we will have to redirect him to the bookings page.
2. Cancelations: Again here we will have a separated page for cancelation from where the user will give his credentials and the booking reference number in order to request for a cancelation. The service will return him a successful cancelation message with a time stamp and the penalty amount he has to pay and the refund amount.
a. Side bar: The user will be able to insert the cancelation form to any page he likes via the admin panel of word press.
b. Admin part: From there the site admin will be able to see all the cancelations requests.
3. Points of interests plug in: At our application we give the ability to the admin to add points of interests on google maps. The UI for that resolve any address via geo code service and then the user can associate this mark with title + info (multilingual), multiple images and multiple videos either from vimeo – youtube – flv. So for the word press front end we will have to display those POI on a google map to have the POI categories on the side bar and we will have to have also all images + video associated with a selected POI on side bar on over the map. On click the user and if we have multiple images we will display a jquery slideshow.
a. Admin will have to select the way we are going to display the data the options will be the following
i. He will have to set up the map dimensions
ii. He will have to select to each display element over map or side bar (title, description, images, videos) or both
iii. To select the image gallery from the options we will have (based on already made jquery galleries)
4. Offers plug in: From the admin panel the hotelier can set some offers and special deals for his clients those offers consists to (title, short description, full description, image, periods, publishing dates) those should be displayed to the word press as a single offers page and to have some tickers and other side bar widgets to all web site. Also we will have to place them at the booking page as well by displaying t he real price and the offer price side by side at the day by day matrix of room price.
5. Accommodation plug in: At our application the hotelier insert all information regarding his hotel that includes some text and his room types descriptions – images and facilities. So for the word press we need a special page where we will display that information based on the theme designs we have. At the admin area we don’t need anything else.
Skinning and Themes
As we have said to the tasks section we need one special page for all that functionality so for each hotel we need to have themes for each page that means a multipage theme for every client.
Sample web sites based on Flex
[url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view]
WSDL URL for methods review and avaluation
[url removed, login to view]
17 freelancers are bidding on average $1409 for this job
Hello, We are professional developers with similar development expertise. We assure you best quality designs/work with unlimited number of revisions. Please view PMB for details. Thanks